851s and 8x Burning

vbimport

I searched the forum but didn’t find an answer to this question

I have an 851s and am using Nero 6 to burn data files for later use. Which 8x blanks would you recommend for this burner?

I am currently using Ritek 8X DVD+Rs with firmware GS0F. Results have all been great.

You can buy 8x blanks and burn at 8x. Or you can buy good-quality (there’s the catch–low quality 4x discs don’t work for this) 4x blanks at a much lower price (good-quality 4x discs are still cheaper than 8x discs) and burn them at 8x. :wink: I got a pack of 100 4x RICOHJPNR01 discs from Best Buy (Fuji +R), and they burn beautifully at 8x.

orrrr you can use search

to find this

Originally posted by dhc014
These should support 8x in GS08:

code:

YUDEN000T01
YUDEN000T02
MCC003
RICOHJPNR02
RITEKR03
CMC MAGE01
PRODISCR03
SONYD11
Philips081
CMC MAGF01
MAXELL002

code65536,
I have the same Fuji 4x blanks. I tried your speedhack and was able to burn at 8x with no problem. Thanks for the tip and the great hack.

Tivomaniac,
Thanks for the reply. I had considered buying 8x Riteks. Good to know that they work.

Cnlson,
Thanks for pointing me to a thread I read before I posted. Some people actually do use the search function.

I wanted to know what actually works, not which brands “should support 8x.” Also, by posting my question, code65536’s response prompted me to use his hack, which I hadn’t considered before.

Originally posted by alansmithee
code65536,
I have the same Fuji 4x blanks. I tried your speedhack and was able to burn at 8x with no problem. Thanks for the tip and the great hack.

I’m glad to hear that it worked out. Happy burning! :wink:

Im having problems with this hack. I enabled -R in the config.pl and when I ran the hack thru my GS0F exe it created it with all successful results in the command prompt. I loaded it up and DVD Identifier still only read 4x and 2x for my Ritek G04’s…anyone else having problems?

Uh disregard my last post, put it in wrong thread :frowning: