851@832, having LOTS of problems

vbimport

Hey everyone,
I have a 851s that I’ve flashed to the 832s using firmware CG5G. I followed every set of directions I could find. It’s properly crossflashed and the learnt media code was reset. HOWEVER, this thing is not working worth a damn. Basically all I can do now is burn DVD-R. DVD+R always get errors DURING the burning process. Also, the drive will not read pressed DVDs.

Is there anything you guys can suggest? Is there a way I can flash back to the 851, as that was the last time the drive was full functioning???

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks…

no one?

Welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

Some 851S drives cannot read pressed DVD when flashed to 832S firmware. To date I still cannot understand why, especially when 451S drives don’t seem to display the same problem. Try deleting the IDE driver for the channel that the drive is connected to, using Device Manager, and then reboot. If that doesn’t work you might want to try US0N, but you will need to enable the crossflash patch with OmniPatcher before you flash it to your drive.

To revert back to an 851S just use any of the 851S firmwares on my site but GS0K would probably be the best.

Thank you VERY much for your response. I’m away from my PC at the moment, but I’ll give it a shot and let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!!!