$85.00 Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

After $60.00 instant savings and $85.00 rebate.

Before I went out to dinner I looked at these at Newegg, free shipping but no instant savings. Came back and free shipping is gone but shows $60.00 instant savings.

Buy.com has the Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-6400 800MHz 240-pin DDR2
$114 and an additional $45.00 rebate. States supply almost gone on buy.com
http://www.buy.com/prod/crucial-2gb-ddr2-sdram-memory-module-2gb-800mhz-ddr2-800-pc2-6400-non/q/loc/101/202541818.html?adid=17662
I just bought the PC2-6400 800MHZ at my local computer for the same price and rebate Buy.com is offering at my local computer store $114 and $45.00 manufacture rebate.

I am going to take them back as I just ordered the PC2-8500 at NewEgg.

After switching to the icab beta version browser, I can monitor about 15 web pages for changes, any more and the browser hangs. I get an alert almost in real time. There has been a couple of times that the instant savings disappeared right before final submit check out on me. Have noticed items go out of stock in less than a minute if Newegg puts too low of a price.

I think based on my observations, Newegg inflates a price of an item very high for a day before the item is priced good deal wise. Perhaps there is a tax advantage for a business to do this. So far from what I’ve notice, these changes often occur between 10p.m and midnight pacific time.

The Opterons price increased $200.00 more the day before yesterday at Newegg. As of today they are price $300.00 lower

Sorry for going off topic.

Nothing to do with taxes- it’s just an easy way to price discriminate. Sell it at the higher price to people willing to pay that much, and at the lower price to those who wouldn’t buy initially. There are very few people who will only look at the egg the first day and never come back. Especially if even the high price is fairly good.

It’s a great business practice for online retailers if the target demo checks the site regularly. No “menu costs” like changing the price tags at a B&M store.