812s problem all of a sudden

Not sure what is going on, but I have encountered a problem, the first couple disks I burned were awesome. But now, I am unable to burn anything except for coasters…

I have tried RICOHJPNR01, CMC (Which originally worked awesome), and Ritek… Nothing is burning good anymore…

When I attempt an 8x burn, it goes alright, and then at about 90%, the burn slows to 4x, and then the errors go through the roof and the disk doesn’t read properly…

I dont understand what could have happened. I tried reverting back to original EEPROM and Firmware of when I got the very good results (US0A) but that didn’t work etiher, I have tried US0A, US0F, and even US0G, but nothing is working…

Is this a little bit strange? Shoudl I just exchange the drive?

Curious. My burner is also slowing down to 4x towards the end, leading to higher PI errors, but this happened only after I upgraded to GS0H…

rdgrimes said something about the running OPC… I wonder what he meant by that, exactly…

Weird thing is, this just started happening… It didn’t happen when I first got the drive. I thought it might be something with one of the firmwares so I tried reverting, but that didn’t help…

C0deKing was suggesting powering down the drive after firmware changes… (not reboot, but power down…)

Well, I suppose that I can try that… If you mean turning the power to the computer off, I believe I have tried that, but I will try again…

Well, I am getting it RMA’d through NCIX… I think with the next one I am not even going to touch the firmware or upgrade it at all if it is working… We shall see what happens with that.

Hmm. This is indeed a very strange problem. G’luck with the next drive.

Thats what I thought… I didn’t quite think it was right that all of a sudden I wouldn’t be able to burn a readable disk… Especially when I reverted everything back to the firmware and EEPROM of when I got my nice burns/scans… Oh well… The next one will hopefully be better… lol…