812s * Princo DVD-R

Does enybody use Princo DVD-R (4x) media? What is your experience with them? I used 10 of them and always et the end of disks are not readable sectors evean I used speed burning at 2x.
:frowning:

I personally do not buy them, because it is not very good brand…:Z

But I had a 10pcs. cake and burned all without problems (411@811, HS0K) - they play in my standalone from the start to the very end.

But as I said, it’s not a good brand, so You might had got some crappy batch of them - PRINCO is very “well” known for their varying quality. One can be perfect a the other kinda shi**y:confused:

I don’t think it is the burner, that causes problems…

Yeah, All I’ve read about princo has been poor, I use Taiyo Yuden, or Ritek discs with no problems…

Compare your media here…

MYM

Rectification: Princo results are not varying, they are CRAP. :iagree:

Originally posted by thibouille

I’ve actually had pretty good results with Princo 1X (-) discs at 1X and 2X on my Pioneer DVR-104 w/1.20 2x4all. My 411 can sometimes get all the way through the burn but nothing else will read them.

My problem has been with CMC +R 2.4X - I’m stuck with 50 of them (minus the ones that are already coasters) - 1 or 2 burned almost ok in my 411 - they will usually read in both of my players - but the rest that I’ve tried are not readable even if the burn completed successfully. Anybody know any drives that work ok with these? (At least after rebates I’m only out about $15)

Originally posted by thibouille

I have burned ~20 princos “white top” printable with my 411.
And yes, “the results” are crap… But the da*n things play without any problem on my standalone (Samsung) and my and my sons PS2.

Attaching a scan; burned @2x with CloneDVD. On DVD: movie LOTR. Scanned 4X/8ECC.
No skipping, no bad images, plays all the way to “The End” flawlessly!!!

I have burned Princo 1x on my I/O magic 4x and Magicspin 8x @ 2x and I have burned around 30 with no problem but now that I have the my new 851 it burns coasters only on the Princo so I have yanked out the 851 and put the Magicspin 8x back in until I use them up. I’m sure this is nothing more then the burner working with some media better then others.

Originally posted by milan-v
Does enybody use Princo DVD-R (4x) media? What is your experience with them? I used 10 of them and always et the end of disks are not readable sectors evean I used speed burning at 2x.
:frowning:

Cheap media (and Princo is really bad for it) is notorious for having more errors near the edge of the disc. So your above comment isn’t much of a surprise.
Check out this and you will know what I mean. Notice how many of the scans skyrocket near the end of the disc? That’s your problem.

I don’t use princo … but my 401@811 hsop works just fine.