812S Bitsetting dont working

vbimport

I have download 2 bioses US0J, US0F-bs2. I used tool from Liteon called BookType. I insert DVD+RW into drive. Change to DVD-ROM. All was OK. But in DVD info pro was still DVD+RW nod DVD-ROM. What i´m doing bad. I forgotten to tell in DVD Info pro when i try to change book type, i get message. Your drive does not support BitSetting :frowning: Thanks for advices

Originally posted by Geeker
I have download 2 bioses US0J, US0F-bs2. I used tool from Liteon called BookType. I insert DVD+RW into drive. Change to DVD-ROM. All was OK. But in DVD info pro was still DVD+RW nod DVD-ROM. What i´m doing bad. Thanks for advices

The Liteon Tool just tells the drive what booktype to set during the next burn. You have to write to the disc for the booktype to take effect.

sorry. I forgotten to write it. But i burned it, but it don´t have any effect. DVD+RW is still DVD+RW.

make sure its a blank rw. if its not blank, set the booktype to rom and do a full erase, and then burn something on it. If its still giving trouble, why not try the auto bit-set patcher from the tools collection at the top of the forum or direct from here

sorry. I forgotten to write it. But i burned it, but it don´t have any effect. DVD+RW is still DVD+RW.

Anything that resets the drive clears the booktype setting. Make sure you set the booktype just before erasing the disc and doing the write.

I try to do what you wrote, but Im probably Idiot, because still dont work :frowning:

I try to do what you wrote, but Im probably Idiot, because still dont work :frowning:

Tell me again what firmware you are currently using and step by step what you are doing to set the booktype and burn the disc.

Hi Geeker

I made a guide for an other member some time ago. Maybe you can have a look and get an idea what´s all about.

:slight_smile:

Great Idea with the Tutorial pinto2 it will help a lot of the new member how to do it. :wink:

Thanks for advices and tutorial. I´m happy it´s fully working now. I used original firmware US0J.

Thanks for advices and tutorial. I´m happy it´s fully working now. I used original firmware US0J.

Pleased to hear it. Good work pinto2. :iagree: