812@832 upgrade problem

Hallo, this is my first post…I’ve been reading the forum for quite some while now and I decided to upgrade my 812S drive. So, I used the VS08 firmware from codeguys site and with the use of Omnipatcher I updated the drive (with all the modifications…). The drive worked perfectly, I even wrote a couple of DVDs!!! But the next day, when I turned on the computer, the drive door wouldn’t open!!! The only thing it did was when i pushed the eject button, the led flashed 5-6 times!!! So, quite naturally I panicked :rolleyes: I downloaded the original US0N firmware and flashed the drive back to it’s 812S character. The drive worked fine again :cool:

Could anyone please tell me what went wrong?

Now, I want to upgrade the drive again to the new 832S firmware (VS0A) but I’m a little bit afraid of what might happen…

Any help? :bow: :bow: :bow:

This is very odd :confused:. It sounds like, for some strange reason, the drive did not flash properly, or should I say, hold the flash properly. It’s certainly worth another go with VS0A, especially knowing that you can always flash back again…

Thanx CodeKing for the quick reply… :slight_smile:

I’ll try tonight the new VS0A and I’ll post the results…

Thanx again :bow: