811s flash killed 48125W?

vbimport

I have the following problem. A new 811s (original LiteOn) was connected as master to the same secondary IDE bus with a slave 48125W (re-flashed original 40125W, VS0D). All worked well.

Then I flashed the 811s to HS0E and subsequently HS0K. The DVD was upgraded successfully, but the CDRW isn’t able to read/write CD’s anymore afterwards although it is detected properly in the BIOS and in WinXP as well as in pure DOS mode.

I tried to compare the 48125W firmware with the one from the Liteonit website and it revealed a mismatch at 0x534 if I remember correctly. Then the official VS0D was again flashed (mtkflash) to the 48125W but the symptoms stay. CD’s will not be detected or read.

Only the original LiteOn flashtool was used for the DVD. Does anyone know a solution to fix the 48125W???

Thanks for your time!
Mac

O.k…got it fixed by myself ;). Reflashed vs04.bin using mtkWINflash. Both, mtkflash and pflash did NOT do the job!!! The little bit strange thing is, I used ATAPI mode and not direct IDE. Who knows, maybe the latter one would have worked as well.

Then I upgraded using the original LiteOn tool to VS0D, resulting in the effect that XP could not read the drive again. Uninstalled it in Device Manager, rebooted, all fine :cool:

The moral of this story: Never flash a LiteON DVD when a CDRW is connected to the same bus and vice versa!!!

Originally posted by MMAACC
The moral of this story: Never flash a LiteON DVD when a CDRW is connected to the same bus and vice versa!!!

Untrue… I have a LiteOn 811s also, with a LiteOn 40125s on the same ide channel. Just flashed the 811s and it did not affect the cd burner one bit.

Maybe the moral, to be more exacting, should be more like the following: Never flash a LiteON DVD when a CDRW is connected to the same bus and vice versa if you are too lazy to double check that you are flashing the right drive.!!!

If you can read, thank your teacher :bigsmile:
“The DVD was upgraded successfully…”

Thanks for your comment anyway, guru :bow: