811s failed Princo's pictures (need help)

Hi, ive allready made this thread about my problems with writing princo’s. And i stll can’t believe that 1/3 princo’s fail in my Lite-On 811s. I made some photo’s of my failed Princo’s. Maybe u can help me further now.

The circled area is just not written, like the laser just skipped this part some kinda way.

Bigger size:
Princo 1
Princo 1 pic 2
Princo 2

What speed are these Princos rated? The only Princos I have are rated 1x and work ok in my Pioneer DVR-104 @ 2x, but I have never gotten one to burn successfully in my Lite-On 411s (but haven’t tried since I overclocked to 811s). I have batches from allmediaoutlet (white top) and Starlogic from Office Max (white top with Starlogic label). I’ve got the Pioneer in a USB2 enclosure to hook it up when I want to use the Princos.

4x white top labled Princo.

Originally posted by dentman42
but I have never gotten one to burn successfully in my Lite-On 411s (but haven’t tried since I overclocked to 811s). …and Starlogic from Office Max (white top with Starlogic label). I’ve got the Pioneer in a USB2 enclosure to hook it up when I want to use the Princos.

i have the starlogic and you are correct they will not burn in the 411s @fs0f but they burn fine in my 811s (tru 811 not overclocked) @ HS0P

here is an example:

the ring looks like the drive stalled in place on the first one. the second one looks like it just stopped writing at that point not that there is anything wrong.

have you tried scanning the discs with kprobe or dvdinfopro?

Originally posted by cnlson
[B]i have the starlogic and you are correct they will not burn in the 411s @fs0f but they burn fine in my 811s (tru 811 not overclocked) @ HS0P

here is an example: [/B]

What speed are you burning them at? I haven’t tried since the overclock, I probably will this weekend, but if the Litey will still only take them at 1x, the Pioneer will still be more useful (but at least it eliminates one of the few problems I have with the Litey).

I was actually happy when I found that the Starlogics were Princo instead of CMC (I expected CMC). I’ve had better results with Princo.

Originally posted by cnlson
have you tried scanning the discs with kprobe or dvdinfopro?

Most of the disc’s aren’t even readable

Originally posted by cnlson What speed are you burning them at? I haven’t tried since the overclock, I probably will this weekend, but if the Litey will still only take them at 1x, the Pioneer will still be more useful (but at least it eliminates one of the few problems I have with the Litey).

4x