811s DVD+R not recognized in PC DVD

I just bought a liteon 811s and flashed it to HSOE firmware. I’ve tried burning onto some imation DVD+R discs (
CMC MAG-R01 media code) The discs are recognized just fine in the 811s, but discs aren’t recognized in the LG DVD rom drive in my other PC (or in a couple mac DVD drives either)…What’s the deal, is this a bitsetting issue? I tried burning in both Nero 6 and the Sonic MyDVD with the same results. Thanks for any help.

are u sure ur dvd-rom drives are capable of reading dvd+r? if u’re not sure, use nero infotool.

Thanks for the help, I tried the DVD+R recorded disc in another DVD drive and it reads just fine. I guess my LG DVD-ROM can’t read DVD+R :frowning: .

What model LG drive have you got?

My LG DVD-ROM is a DRD-8160B manufactured in April 2002.

LG Specifications Web Page

If the liteon had a bitsetting option you might be able to burn DVD+Rs that masquerade as pressed media. See here

Originally posted by obvious
If the liteon had a bitsetting option you might be able to burn DVD+Rs that masquerade as pressed media. See here

I don’t think they “masquerade as pressed media” to the extent that a drive which can’t read DVD+R will read them.

is a new version no released. version HSTQ
if you need it msg me.
bye

Originally posted by bdg2
I don’t think they “masquerade as pressed media” to the extent that a drive which can’t read DVD+R will read them.

I’m unsure about this. Perhaps someone has tested DVD+R media with DVD-ROM booktype on a player that doesn’t support DVD+R?

The LDW-811S doesn’t allow bitsetting, so that won’t help you. But I guess that’s what obvious was trying to say.

Originally posted by obvious
I’m unsure about this. Perhaps someone has tested DVD+R media with DVD-ROM booktype on a player that doesn’t support DVD+R?

I have tested dvd+r written as a dvd-rom in a stand alone that worked fine while dvd+r written as +r wouldnt work at all. In fact the apex I use wont even see +r as a disc.

Maybe try and flash your LG DVD Rom drive if one is available. It might allow +R reading.

I decided to give up on my LG drive. It only cost $30 to begin with…I bought another drive that supports +R instead.

Thanks for everyone’s help.