811s dvd burner flash

vbimport

I have searced this site over and over for answers. I am trying to flash the firmware, using mktflash 1.80.1. I boot to dos, go to my flash ware site, type in mtkalash 3 /m filename.bin and I get the menu from mtkflasm showing what all the commands sre. I have tried upper and lower case letters, changing spacing etc., and still get the command menu. What am I doing wrong, and should I flash to the new hsop or try to find hsok? I am using xp pro, amd xp 2100 with via chipset.
Thanks for the help,
diselman

Originally posted by diselman
type in mtkalash 3 /m filename.bin and I get the menu from mtkflasm showing what all the commands sre.

You want to try that one again? You spelled mtkflash wrong (twice), and you didn’t tell it whether you wanted to read or to write the flash. I hope you type a little more carefully when flashing your drive that you did in this post.

My mistake on the spelling, bad day at the office. I did enter the command correctly, mtkflash 3r /m filename.bin, just did not do it correctly on my post. do you have any idea what my problem may be.
diselman

Put a space between 3 and r.

Thanks for the help, that corrected my problem. Is there any advise on which firmware upgrade hsop vs hsok? I’m pretty sure someone will have a copy of hsok somewhere when I search.
Thanks again,
diselman

I would use HSOK if you burn more + media or HSOP if you burn more - media. That has been my conclusion since testing both firmwares.

Think I will use the hsok. I am thinking of using the bitsetting with +r to run in my tv dvd player.
thanks again. Your info has/will help a lot.
diselman

If you primarily use -R media I would actually stick with HS0E not HS0P unless you need bit setting (not supported in HS0E and earlier versions). Best write quality on -R media and compatibility with set top DVD players from what I’ve seen.
The newest LiteOn firmware is fine for +R media imho.

If you primarily use -R media I would actually stick with HS0E not HS0P unless you need bit setting (not supported in HS0E and earlier versions).

Think he kinda answered both those questions, didn’t he LOL ?

I am thinking of using the bitsetting with +r to run in my tv dvd player.

I recently installed my lite on 811s as well and I’ve been searching for the HSOK firmware upgrade. Anybody know where I can find it?

Originally posted by utrook31
I recently installed my lite on 811s as well and I’ve been searching for the HSOK firmware upgrade. Anybody know where I can find it?

Wow, searching for “download HS0K” sure would have been an easy way for you to find the firmware yourself.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=84092