811s>812s

no go according to lite-on heres the e-mail they sent…

Dear sir or madam,

I am sorry that those drives are different . It could not be upgraded .
Please visit our web site to get more information about the product.
(www.liteonit.com–>ODD product–>product)

Would any further information, please kindly visit LiteON IT Corp official web site -
www.liteonit.com.tw

Best regards,
:sad:

LOL I don’t see LiteON giving official infos on how to upgrade drives … IMHO.

this is concerning update of firmware, to enable the 811s writing dvd-r media at 8x,and 4x dvd-rw should have made it abit more clearer in first post …Sorry :bow:

But Liteon never promised 8x dvd-r writing for x11 drives.

Norcent did, however. But thats Norcent’s problem.

be nice though, better than spending more money, buying the 812s. wished id waited now. :sad:

Originally posted by jacen9
be nice though, better than spending more money, buying the 812s. wished id waited now. :sad:

I could say that for just about every computer component I ever bought. That is the nature of PC’s. I remember being upset when I bought a 4x CD burner and shortly thereafter 8x was the norm. Don’t even get me started of video cards either :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by jacen9
this is concerning update of firmware, to enable the 811s writing dvd-r media at 8x,and 4x dvd-rw should have made it abit more clearer in first post …Sorry :bow:

I know, I should have been more clear myself. I meant that upgrading 811 to burn minus 8X is something else than converting them to 812, at least on a marketing point of view.

thats progress 4 u, but they dont have 2 bring a new product every few months,they could wait a while,and make sure their previous products perform right, especially when u have only just brought it, only had my 811s at xmas and now is out of date.
never mind, maybe someone will sort something out soon everything else seems 2 be getting mods except the 811s.:sad:

I perfectly agree with you, was just a matter of words.
No harm intended :wink:

its ok, u havent offended me at all ,i no harm was intended, just glad that someone has replied …lol , dont get offended by any replies everyone has there own opinions on things. same as everyone has different ideas on helping with problems…thats why i come here for help… learnt so much from ppl in here about all sorts of things. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:) :) :) :)