811 and latest (HS0P) firmware, how about DVD-R?

vbimport

How does the “new 811” handle DVD-R with the latest firmware? (HS0P)

Well I thought I’d burn one of the crappiest media around. AN31

Burnt @4x on 411@811 HS0P
KProbe at 4x read 8ecc

Previous firmware would always result in out of spec (wildly out of spec) burns, but check it out now with the new firmware.

I too have noticed the improvement.

I am about to try an awful 1x dvd-rw disk I have, if it burns that disk properly it can burn anything.

I’d post my scans but anytime I do they are delted
(can the mod who does that tell me why?)

Originally posted by sidebar
[B]I too have noticed the improvement.

I am about to try an awful 1x dvd-rw disk I have, if it burns that disk properly it can burn anything.

I’d post my scans but anytime I do they are delted
(can the mod who does that tell me why?) [/B]

If you posted them in the DVD-media test forum they were deleted since they did not have the right layout or were missing essential information. (read the sticky threads over there).

If you posted elsewhere I can’t see why anyone would delete them.

I wonder if there’s any improvement with the crappy Mirror +r. Maybe I’ll try one of those “medallions” later.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]If you posted them in the DVD-media test forum they were deleted since they did not have the right layout or were missing essential information. (read the sticky threads over there).

If you posted elsewhere I can’t see why anyone would delete them. [/B]

I suppose, who knows…
anyway here’s a scan KProbe at 4x read 8ecc
401s@811s HSOP burn at4x of Verbatim (MCC rebranded).
Using the latest Nero and Shrink.
If I forgot anything, forgive me, I’ll read the thread after this post.

We are not so strict in this forum and other forums except for the media test forums. When you post in the media test forums you have to follow the guidelines for those two forums.

With my RiteKs G04 (Grade A) I have not seen any improvement of the burning quality.
With KProbe the values of PI are constantly 250-300 (avg. 246), while the PO are good.

I’ve seen numerous reports that HS0P actually degrades G04 burn quality.

How strange that the new firmware improves burn quality on the crappy DVD-R medias (For example: It was also reported that 1x Princo now burns acceptable at 2X with HS0P), but then it degrades burn quality on the very good Ritek G04 discs!!!

Originally posted by wesociety
I’ve seen numerous reports that HS0P actually degrades G04 burn quality.
How strange that the new firmware improves burn quality on the crappy DVD-R medias (For example: It was also reported that 1x Princo now burns acceptable at 2X with HS0P), but then it degrades burn quality on the very good Ritek G04 discs!!!

I remember that OC-Freak has said that also the NEC-2500 has some problem with some types of RiTEK G04.
Who knows from thing it depends.

HSOP has significantly IMPROVED my DVD-R burns.

Here is G04, (RiData) burned at 4X and scanned at 4X 8ECC on my 401S@411S@811S (v4.) This one was actually burned on the fly with Nero 6.3.0.3, copying directly from my LTD-163.

Wesociety whistles… man that is a sweet burn! and onthefly? craziness! Looks like you are doing well :iagree:

How long did it take for the entire onthefly process?

Less than 15 minutes. It was a copy of a copy. Climbed right to 4X and stayed there.

Unlike some here, my -R burns are consistently good.

+R at either 4X or 8X jump around a little, from 50-60 PI to 250+. All read fine, so I can’t really explain the variation.

Here’s an example of RicohJPN R01-02 burned at 8X with DVD Decrypter in ISO mode:

How do you tell which ACTUAL speed are you burning at, at the moment? I only see the speed I choose to burn at, and I keep hearing ppl saying climbing, falling, etc…

i’ve got the worst burns with HSOP with dvd-r and even dvd+r…:frowning: :frowning:

Here’s a nifty trick I learned on another site. Creat a new text file and paste in it everthing between the dotted lines

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder]
“ShowSingleRecorderSpeed”=dword:00000001

Save it and rename it nero.reg

Double-click it, and it will write a key into your Windows registry that sets Nero to read the ACTUAL speed instead of a set burn speed.

Some other apps, DVD Decrypter is one, are programmed to tell you the actual burn speed by default.

nice, thanks=)

worst media i have ever used but it was only $9.99 a 50pk AR at officemax

411s @fs0f cannot burn anything recognizable with this media
but my 811s @hs0p burns it almost in specifications

princo 1x badged as starlogic
811s hs0p burned at 2x 4438 meg movie ecc=8 scanned @4x

same disc scanned @2x