80gb problem, ****pLeAsE***** help fast

vbimport

got a 80gb harddrive for my gateway computer, installed it and its not showing up anywhere, the found new hardware box came up and it did what it does and said it was working correctly but i cant find it anywhere, its not in my computer, thanks for the help!

Control Panel - Admin Tools - Computer Management - Storage - Disk Management.

See anything there?

yes its there

its in the bottom, says disc unknown

It’s probably unformatted yet. If you click right click on the drive (in Comp Management), what are the option? Sorry I forgot the sequence, at the end you need to format the drive.

yea i know its not formatted, but the thing is it didnt show up in my computer so i could click format.

tried to right click but it only initiallized, so i clicked that

Now you need to format it. Windows won’t see it until initialised.

will the computer look like its frozen during this, because thats what it looks like, any estimate on the time?

just wait until its done formating. :slight_smile: And I think you need to restart afterwards.

the format wasnt there when i right clicked

CTRL+ALT+DEL and see if it is telling you if admin is not responding if it is working wait if not then re-start and try again. I honestly can’t remember how long it took to initialise my disk but it wasn’t long.

yea i restarted, click initialize and it took like a minute now all i get is new partition, help and properties when i right click

Create new partition, it’s like Fdisk in old windows which had to be done. then format.

ok thanks, both of you :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

should i create the primary or extended partition?

zevia if your reading this i need help, i tried that twice and it didnt work

depends how many partitions you want, just create 1 primary partition if you want one whole 80GB partition.

As said a primary partition is fine. If at a alter date you wanted to add more to the drive partitioning software will do that for you.