8 Mile Bonuses

vbimport

Has anyone seen this one?

I’ve processed the PAL version of ‘8 Mile’ twice now. I used full movie mode.

The first time it was too big, which I fixed by setting the target size a little smaller. But, while it is now the right size, it still has another problem carried forward from the first attempt. Selecting the Bonus/Extras option from Main Menu takes you to that page alright, but there is no text on it, just the picture! So you don’t know where the links are. If you blindly move the mouse around and click at random (I haven’t burnt a disc yet) you can in fact select the options, but it’s more good luck than good management.

Short of using some other encoding method, I’m not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

-Pete

i just backed up the pal version today mate.

with DVD2ONE perfectly and the quality is outstanding.

i have no problems that your getting i can navagate perfectly around the menu`s.

only thing i ripped from the full movie was the DTS soundtrack and the NAYMAR soundtrack i think thats its name lol

i did have a few problems ripping it to my hdd with dvd dectypter but i fixed that but changeing a few settings in the read modes :slight_smile:

hope this helps matey though i dont think it will .

Originally posted by Peter McCall
[B]Has anyone seen this one?

I’ve processed the PAL version of ‘8 Mile’ twice now. I used full movie mode.

The first time it was too big, which I fixed by setting the target size a little smaller. But, while it is now the right size, it still has another problem carried forward from the first attempt. Selecting the Bonus/Extras option from Main Menu takes you to that page alright, but there is no text on it, just the picture! So you don’t know where the links are. If you blindly move the mouse around and click at random (I haven’t burnt a disc yet) you can in fact select the options, but it’s more good luck than good management.

Short of using some other encoding method, I’m not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

-Pete [/B]

I had exactly the same problem, when viewing the ripped files and Dvd2one processed files, with Power DVD.

I spent a load of time on it using different methods, but Power DVD, still wouldn’t display the text in the menus. Then I thought… sod it, I’ll burn it anyway and lo and behold it works fine in the standaone player, so I guess it’s a Power DVD thing.
Just burn it and you will have a perfect copy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks fellas.

I must try to burn a -RW disc (just in case it does go pear shaped).

I don’t use Power DVD though, I use Ravisent CinePlayer. Some commonality somewhere, I suppose:confused:

I seem to recall quite a while ago someone mentioned something similar on the forum, but the precise details escape me.

I’m afraid this is one for Erwin…

-Pete

PS As a matter of interest, I’m using DVD Decrypter 3.1.6 I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I can’t really try an earlier version now as I seem unfortunately to have mislaid the original DVD…:wink:

Nope I can confirm it isn’t this, as I tried 3.14 & 3.16.
I tried ripping with DVDShrink as well and it still did it, so it doesn’t look like a DVD Decrypter problem.

The funny thing I found was, in Power DVD, although the text was invisible from the Bonus/Extras Menu, when you located the “hotspot” and clicked to open the menu and then returned, the text was visible.

First of all, I feared it might be a new kind of protection, but I went ahead and burnt it and it works fine in the standalone.

I think it’s just a weird menu authoring technique. Perhaps they hope to fool people into believing that it WONT work :wink:

I can confirm Phil’s experience: the same files that give the problem when played by Cineplayer work just fine when burnt to a DVD.

WinDVD is supposed to be different to other software players. Virus2k, what software player did you use - WinDVD?

-Pete

Originally posted by Peter McCall
[B]I can confirm Phil’s experience: the same files that give the problem when played by Cineplayer work just fine when burnt to a DVD.

WinDVD is supposed to be different to other software players. Virus2k, what software player did you use - WinDVD?

-Pete [/B]

latest dvd decrypter version + dvd2one 133 and view with PowerDVD.XP.DVS.2705

menus showed up as they where ment to burned with VSOs COPY2DVD

no problems here.

Yes, I’ve experienced the same on a Mac with Star Trek TNG series in ‘diskcopy mode’. Burned the disk anyway and it work just fine on both the computer and the standalone player.

Just got hold of a copy of Power DVD 5 and guess what … the menus all show and behave as normal :slight_smile: