8.0.2.2 WMV10 WMA5.1 Files

vbimport

Still creates an out of sync audio to video file. UNBELIEVABLE! 6 months and the Fab development team still can’t remedy this problem. I have complained about this open issue for far too long. Once again with the new release I have tried to create a WMV file with the same parameters as I did with version 6 and still can not make an in-sync WMV file.

Copy DVD to HD - doesn’t matter which one

Profile WMV 10 WMA 5.1
1 Pass
Frame Bitrate: 2251
Frame Res: 720 x 406 (default)
Frame Rate: 29.97
Audio Bitrate: 128 kbps
Channel 5.1Multichannel

What do I get - out of sync audio to video, sound has a harsh edge in some passages, some level of pixelization at varying points in the video.

Nice work to the Fab team. :a:a:a

Any similar experiences or potential resolution?

[QUOTE=MRL_DVDFab;2547710]Still creates an out of sync audio to video file. UNBELIEVABLE! 6 months and the Fab development team still can’t remedy this problem. I have complained about this open issue for far too long. Once again with the new release I have tried to create a WMV file with the same parameters as I did with version 6 and still can not make an in-sync WMV file.

Copy DVD to HD - doesn’t matter which one

Profile WMV 10 WMA 5.1
1 Pass
[B]Frame Bitrate: 2251[/B]
[B]Frame Res: 720 x 406[/B] (default)
Frame Rate: 29.97
Audio Bitrate: 128 kbps
Channel 5.1Multichannel

What do I get - out of sync audio to video, sound has a harsh edge in some passages, some level of pixelization at varying points in the video.

Nice work to the Fab team. :a:a:a

Any similar experiences or potential resolution?[/QUOTE]

I have never used the profiles your having issues with so I was going to do a few tests since I know you have had this problem for so long, anyway from what I see when I go to start the conversion two of the settings are different from what you have listed in bold…

You state the default res is “720 x 406” however my default shows 720x306 :confused:

also your using a Frame Bitrate of 2251 :confused: why ?, the default is 1320

Default res depends on the video and how Fab determines the crop. That is more than likely not the issue though.

Using a frame bit rate of 2251 gives me about 1GB per hour of video which works well with all of my output devices without having to make multiple encodes of the same video. Would you go lower? I have and get the same crappy DVDFab result.

[QUOTE=MRL_DVDFab;2547742]Default res depends on the video and how Fab determines the crop. That is more than likely not the issue though.

Using a frame bit rate of 2251 gives me about 1GB per hour of video which works well with all of my output devices without having to make multiple encodes of the same video. Would you go lower? I have and get the same crappy DVDFab result.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know about you but I have other programs in my toolbox that has the same abilities as DVDFab and I use them on projects that DVDFab fails on :iagree:

I mean I never rely on just one program, even though I find DVDFab to be one of the best programs on the market for what it does, but there is no program that is 100% perfect or even 90% for that matter.

Course I do still have V7 on my system because of some issues with v8 that is related to conversions and v7 has none :confused:

I do and I agree but come on. My impression is that the issue is not even being addressed. Fab is not a cheap piece of software and the communication from Feng and Ting directly to me over the last 6 months has been the same. Patience we are working on it. Beta after beta comes out and it still does not work. There is no further notes or communication with a release that they are doing anything to fix it. It’s advertised as being able to create this file format. It has worked properly in most previous versions, 6.x and 7.x. My expectation as a paying customer is that it either work or they drop the format all together. “Fix it or leave it”.

My biggest issue is that they say nothing about it with the new release. Something like “WMV is not fixed” would be sufficient. So when a new release comes out I always take a DVD, rip it to my HD and then try to create a WMV 10 WMA 5.1 file. There goes 2 plus hours of my life only to discover it still does not work. I patiently wait for the next beta and do the same thing. Over and over and over again. This is 6 months worth of the same unsuccessful crap.

I sent a PM with additional info. Thanks.

Sorry you are having such problems I will do a test conversion later today to see how it comes out note I will use the default settings that is set in the profile itself without making any changes.

Question…
in common settings-> “DVD/Blu-Ray Ripper” on the convert settings page.

Under [B]Default Framerate[/B] you have two options…
[B]Same as source[/B]
[B]Specified in profile[/B]

have you tried both settings ?

Were you able to create a WMV10 WMA 5.1 file successfully? With either?

Under Default Framerate you have two options…
Same as source
Specified in profile

[QUOTE=MRL_DVDFab;2548032]Were you able to create a WMV10 WMA 5.1 file successfully? With either?

Under Default Framerate you have two options…
Same as source
Specified in profile[/QUOTE]

Yes I used “Star Trek First Contact” as my test DVD, I used the “Same as source” setting…

On the test I ripped to my hard drive and converted using the ripped folder as the source, during two test I only kept one audio track during each test.

Not sur if this setting"[B]Audio Downmix from multichannel to stereo[/B]" made a difference but my setting is set to "Dolby Pro Logic II"
you have several options to choose from in the drop down menu.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2548042]Yes I used "Dolby Pro Logic II"
you have several options to choose from in the drop down menu.[/QUOTE]

This is NOT 5.1 WMA! It’s a 2 channel conversion. Can you please try to create a 5.1 conversion?

[QUOTE=MRL_DVDFab;2548045]This is NOT 5.1 WMA! It’s a 2 channel conversion. Can you please try to create a 5.1 conversion?[/QUOTE]

Will do later today or tonight very busy working on a project at the moment :rolleyes: but will give it a go :wink:

Thanks. I thought you understood what I was having an issue with. I look forward to your results.

Well my friend did a test on the WMV10 profile and I don’t have a sync issue however I do hear some crackling noise during silent parts of the movie :eek: not sure why this is because there is no crackling noise in the original or the ripped files on the hard drive, like I said earlier I have never used this profile before and may never use it however this crackling has me puzzled so will be doing more testing because this will drive me nuts if I don’t figure this out now thanks a lot :doh:

But hey at least no sync problem :slight_smile:

What settings did you use to get a good sync? What do you have the default frame rate at? Same as source? I too have the crackling sound when creating this WMA 5.1 formatted file. It did not always exist until some of the more recent releases. You indicated you were going to continue to look into it. If you find a solution I am anxious to hear the answer. I have tried all the various audio bit rate options. All yielded the same crackle in the audio. Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this issue. :bow:

SJ?

Sorry my friend I have been sooo busy have not had time to do any testing :frowning:
matter of fact I have not even been to bed yet :eek: been up for just about 36 hours now working on a project :rolleyes:

But I am almost done with it so as soon as I get some sleep will be getting on the testing :wink:

Been there. No rush. It’s been broke for months now so I can wait till you are rested and refreshed.

OK my friend now that I’m done with my project and just have some minor clean up here and there, back to you [B]!![/B] :bigsmile:

like to know which setting do you have selected in common settings-> DVD/Blu-ray Ripper-> “Convert” under “Default Frame-rate” ?

also if you have created a custom profile can you please post it here as a text document so I can take a look at it, it may or may not help but I would like to look it over just out of curiosity :smiley:

Default Frame Rate is currently set to “Same As Source” however I have tried conversions with both settings. With “Specified in profile” I have tried differing setting in the WMV10 WMA 5.1 profile for frame rate. 29.97, 23.97, 30.

You never passed along the settings you used to create the in-sync file? Any progress on the 5.1 “crackling” sound issue?

Also, in the latest releases there is a UI issue. I have noticed that the preview volume slider really doesn’t work any longer. When you use the slider to reduce volume the volume only goes down as long as the slider has focus. Once that’s released the volume goes right back to full. Do you have the same issue with that?

[QUOTE=MRL_DVDFab;2552118]Default Frame Rate is currently set to “Same As Source” however I have tried conversions with both settings. With “Specified in profile” I have tried differing setting in the WMV10 WMA 5.1 profile for frame rate. 29.97, 23.97, 30.

You never passed along the settings you used to create the in-sync file? Any progress on the 5.1 “crackling” sound issue?

Also, in the latest releases there is a UI issue. I have noticed that the preview volume slider really doesn’t work any longer. When you use the slider to reduce volume the volume only goes down as long as the slider has focus. Once that’s released the volume goes right back to full. Do you have the same issue with that?[/QUOTE]

Hi MRL_DVDFab

Well has I stated I had to check out that darn crackling noise :rolleyes:

anyway as you know I don’t have a sync issue just the crackling, which I was able to get rid of by keeping both the 5.1 and the 2 channel audio files :rolleyes: if I just keep the 5.1 the crackling noise returns :eek:

anyway here is a snapshot of my settings

And as far as the A/V Codec settings look in the Common Settings FAQ & Tips thread in the sticky section, all settings displayed in that thread are all my settings for evey page.