755SA and Dual Layer Burning Issues

vbimport

I’m at v 1.08 fw burning on Verbatim DL 6X media.

It’s a champ at single sideded burns (CDR and DV Media) but 50% rate on DL burns. Hangs at setting lead in & or 30%, etc, when burning ISO’s either via Nero or ImgBurn.

Anyone experiencing similar issues or have seen this before ?

Here are some thoughts:

What media exactly and what does “made in” say.
Have you checked the media quality before burning (done a FE/TE-Test) and what did it look like?
Have you tried burning slower?
Is there other software influencing/using optical drives installed (copying, copy protection, etc.)? Is it disabled when you burn?

On the verbatims, it’s Made is Saigon. TY CDR and DVD+R single sided is all japanese media.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to corrupt firmware…but we shall see. I was able to flash down to 1.07 via the cd rom iso, but it still appears very buggy. Even trying to flash back to 1.08 afterwards, it hangs.

Still troubleshooting.

[QUOTE=chefwong;2082506]On the verbatims, [B]it’s Made is Saigon[/B]. TY CDR and DVD+R single sided is all japanese media.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to corrupt firmware…but we shall see. I was able to flash down to 1.07 via the cd rom iso, but it still appears very buggy. Even trying to flash back to 1.08 afterwards, it hangs.

Still troubleshooting.[/QUOTE]

what??!

It was Vista…

took the drive home, popped into my xp machine, and it reflashed just fine . Let’s see how stable it is tomorrow