$75,000 a month by the Pakistani government

vbimport

75k a month for lobbying gets pakistan 3 billion off our money and we no wander why we have no money for the things we need our government to do for us without getting the money from China. How in the world do we allow other countries to lobby our govenment. 75 k a month figures out to 900k a year of my money. Give me 3 billion a year and I will also spend 900k a year to lobby.

They should not receive a penny from USA. Pakistan had to know that Bin Laden was there.

What I think we should do is get a certain number of their nukes and their equipment to manufacture nukes for every billion dollars we give them. Then when we have bought all their nukes/equipment we won’t have a reason to be in Afghanistan. IMO, Pakistan having nukes is why we are in the region at this point. Three billion a year is cheaper than having their nukes get into the wrong hands.

[QUOTE=UTR;2587555]What I think we should do is get a certain number of their nukes and their equipment to manufacture nukes for every billion dollars we give them. Then when we have bought all their nukes/equipment we won’t have a reason to be in Afghanistan. IMO, Pakistan having nukes is why we are in the region at this point. Three billion a year is cheaper than having their nukes get into the wrong hands.[/QUOTE]

1. With those billions, they’ll make 10x as many, with updated technology, probably stolen from india, which the US is sharing tech with now.
  2. The USA does NOT want to be seen stockpiling nukes … it’ll look bad, with the nuclear non-proliferation treaty & whatnot.

What the heck is the USA doing, giving money to pakistan. $3Billion could go to the red cross, or sponsor a crapload of more efficient charity foundations to wander into Pakistan and fix the damn country - most of the work is done by volunteers …

It’s a matter of bang for the buck.

$3billion dollars can: build 60,000 homes in pakistan …
or
$3billion dollars can: line the pockets of corrupt Pakistani politicians, officials, police officers/army/terrorists and build 5 homes.

We are there because they have nukes and a radical Islamic sector in the military and government. Why else would we care about them? They have no oil or trade we have a substantial interest in. The nukes is why Obama has had to follow what Bush did during his second term. Obama found that it is much easier to complain as a Senator running for president than to govern as a president with numerous terrorist threats against the country.

Making nukes is a hard thing to conceal, as Iran has learned. Once the roots of Pakistan’s nuclear program is dismantled, rebuilding it is very problematic. I doubt they would sell the nukes anyway as it is the one thing keeping India from steam rolling them.

BTW, the nukes we would get from Pakistan is a drop in the bucket compared to the ones we already have. I am sure most of the world would rather see us have them than Pakistan.

Oh now you’ve shattered our notion that the USA was doing it out of kindness …

They are not mutually exclusive motives.