7200s constantly opens/shuts drwaer when copying

I’ve just copied my first CD since replacing my Benq DW1640 with an Optiarc 7200S. Now when Nero 8 is finished reading the CD (audio) it ejects the drawer like normal but then closes it right away. It then keeps doing this until a CDR/RW in put in BUT I have to hold the tray open to change the CD. This NEVER happened with my DW1640. When it has finished copying/writting the disc it ejects it like normal and the tray stays open like it should. Is there a setting or something I can do to stop this ?

Thanks

Anybody EVER tried to COPY a cd in nero8 with the 7200s ?
If so did it keep opening/closing the drawer ?

Try another software program like IMGBURN and see if you get the same behavior.

[QUOTE=stevvie;2285719]I’ve just copied my first CD since replacing my Benq DW1640 with an Optiarc 7200S. Now when Nero 8 is finished reading the CD (audio) it ejects the drawer like normal but then closes it right away. It then keeps doing this until a CDR/RW in put in BUT I have to hold the tray open to change the CD. This NEVER happened with my DW1640. When it has finished copying/writting the disc it ejects it like normal and the tray stays open like it should. Is there a setting or something I can do to stop this ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes, adjust the nero prefs.

what prefs do you suggest I adjust, ?

Check prefs > expert options.

the only setting REMOTELY to do with my problem is “do not eject the disc after the burn is complete” but as I said this happens BEFORE you get to burn. I had tried that option before and it had no effect as when nero has made an image of the original CD it then goes through it’s eject/insert cycle. and I have to hold the tray to insert the blank disc to be burned.

Then something is wrong with the drive (load mechanism).

It ONLY does this with nero when you copy a CD. It ejects and stays out like it should when it has finished burning a CD/DVD.

With nero only?

Then call it a nero feature (translated: bug).

You may update the Nero version.