716UF on a Pentium III 1.3GHz?

vbimport

Has anybody tried to run the 716UF on a Pentium III? I don’t need to do real time editing, just burn data onto a DVD. Safe to do or should I purchase the 712UF. Would rather have the double layer and more storage but don’t want to buy a new computer. Thanks for any help.

cheeky123, welcome to the forum.

I don’t think it’s going to be a problem using 716 in your system. You probably loose only a few seconds in burn time because maybe it can’t reach a full 16x. The only thing I would suggest is to get a good USB2.0/Firewire combo if you don’t have one. Adaptec combo is a good choice (but not cheap). Don’t forget to defrag your HDDs and check for unneeded services.

Hi, I have a PX-712A running un a PIII 1.0Ghz. No problem. But to give you a better feeling, I have a DVD burner (Liteon 811s) running now in a box with a 440LX chipset and a Pentium II / 333Mhz !!!.. That is around 4 times slower than yours, processor wise, and still can read DVDs @ full 16x and write @ full 8x.

Regards
FTC

i guess that wont be a problem… i did use my old duron 650Mhz pc for burning dvd for almost a few weeks while waiting for my rma’d board to arrive… it still burns okay at 4x and 8x with my PX-708UF connected via firewire… :smiley: