716al = Pos?

I just placed an order for this drive via zipzoomfly.com. I’m going to be using it for a multitude of things from data backups to ripping and copying my DVDs. According to a post posted about two weeks ago, the poster was having issues with his burner. Is this widespread or just an isolated issue?

Lol, which thread are you referring to? There are a lot of threads in which people complain :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, some users report problems, others have no problems whatsoever. Just try the drive and see if it lives up to your expectations. If you use quality media then you will most likely have good results. I’ve had no problems with either my PX-716A or my PX-716UF but that doesn’t mean your drive will also work great and the other way around of course, if you read that someone has a problem with his drive this doesn’t mean your drive will also have a problem.

I returned mine cuz it sucked. i mean every dvd would be perfect or perfect for 99% of the burn and then all of a sudden a 400 PIF spike. I’ll stick with my trusty $50 lg 4163. it’s not slot loading but it’s reliable.