712A Problem

Hi!..I do not exactly know what my friend done…He said that he write P716A firmware into a P712A, and after that…the writer became un-usable…I write the latest firmware 1.09 into P712A…and in device manager shows that the P712A is conected via SCSI(???)…even thoug i manage to write a cd-rw…a dvd…can’t…I took out the…712A from PC…and put my 716A back…after that…device man…shows me the same SCSI connection(???)…but fortunatelly the writer works ok…(716A)…My question is …it is posible that the damaged writer can do changes in my harware system configuration (showing SCSI writer connection instead of IDE??), and the most important question …is there any solution to repair the 712A if is possible??? Thanks in advance for help…Quote…my system is brand new…and any problems are…excluded…i think :wink:

Having the drive reported as SCSI is normal in some systems. The ATAPI/MMC standard is based on the SCSI Primary Command set standard, so some systems will report adapters or drives as falling under SCSI. Not to worry, and it does not affect the drive. It is normally impossible to flash a drive with the wrong model firmware unless the firmware is hacked. The flash utility is designed to only recognize the correct drive model for the firmware release and reject any other model. If the 712 was flashed with the wrong firmware and now does not work, and flashing with the correct firmware does not make it work, the drive is gone.

10x mate…for your answer another…prob…and strange thing…my hdd is seen like ide device …but it is connected via…sata…???10 in adnance…Anyway the system is working fine…but why these…anomalies??