712-a problem

vbimport

Hi,
recently, my 712-a started dying and now it blinks amber 5 times which means that is has a offset adjustment failure. What does this mean and how can I fix it or where?

Thanks

Try the self test to confirm using a piece of recommended media. If still under warranty (US 1 yr, EU 2 yrs) contact Plextor for replacement. If out of warranty, go for a new drive.

Blink Codes for the PX-712A/SA/UF http://www.plextor.com/english/support/plexhelper/atapi/blink712A-SAandUF.htm

I have already tried the diagnostic thing and the drive doesn’t even open when I hold down the eject button. Yes thanks I checked the blink codes. This is why I extablished that it has an offset adjustment failure. Anyone know how to fix it? What does this error mean anyway. Thanks :slight_smile:

up

Solution given in Blink Codes link. Quote from Plextor:

TROUBLESHOOTING: Blink Codes Actions
Please follow all steps outlined below:

1. Re-boot your computer. Check again.

2. Make sure the disc is not upside down or scratched

3. If this is a CD-R or CD-RW disc, try another one from a different manufacturer

If you still get blinking LED lights after going through the troubleshooting process your drive is most likely defective. Click here for return/repair information. Please reference attempting this test procedure on the RMA request form.