710 meg`s on a 700 meg cd

I have a 710 meg program on my hard drive that I downloaded,
now I want to copy it to a cd-r. The biggest cd-r I could find is 700 megs. So can I copy 710 megs off my hard to a 700 meg cd, or can I split it and put on 2 cd`s?
Thanks

You should go into the Edit/Delete choice on your other thread with the same topic and delete it.

You can usually put more data on a 700 MB disc by overburning the disc. You will need to use a program like Nero that allows overbuning and your burner must also support it. Instructions for Nero follow:

Any disc over 700 MB (80 minutes) must use Nero overburn settings to allow it to be burned. Use the following settings for a data disk:

1. Don’t use the Nero Wizard. It will not allow overburning as it defaults to Track-At-Once. If it is active, close it.

2. Multisession | No Multisession must be checked

3. ISO | Check Mode 1 and Joliet

4. Burn | Check Write and Finalize CD (No further writing possible). Write method must be Disk-At-Once.

5. In the main menu, File | Preferences | Expert Settings check “Enable overburn disk-at-once burning”. If you are using a 650 or 700 MB data disc, use the overburn capacity test in Nero CD Speed to estimate the maximum overburn capacity. If for some reason the test doesn’t work, create an audio overburn test disc to determine the overburn capacity. Use the determined overburn capacity in Expert Settings.

6. The Red and Yellow marker settings in File | Preferences | General Settings have no effect on burning or overburning. They are there just as a visual aid.

These settings should allow you to attempt an overburn if your recorder and the media support it.

Originally posted by ripper5

The biggest cd-r I could find is 700 meg`s.

Well, in order to define the CD max capacity goto :

Nero CD Speed -> Extra -> Overburning Test

There in average is about 2 extra minutes on a CD, which is about 720 MB of data.
Some of the 80’ CDs I own contain up to 735-740 MB of data, which come in handy in cases like yours