[B]My replacement drive (refurb. to TLA#010x by plextor) now has problem reading original DVD disc (Independence Day - Special Ed.) that I just picked up from HMV a few days ago, it freezes 2/3 of way thru…
- Other drives/players read the disc fine without any problem,
- Region was set correctly,
- Tested with a second copy of original ID4 Sp.Ed. - won’t work,
- Tried with fw1.06 & fw1.07 - no go,
- Switch the 708a to another pc with different setup - won’t do the trick either.
What could be the problem?! Can anyone of you happen to have a hand on this disc try it out and see if you plex read this disc ok?
By the way, this is not the only origional dvd disc that I have problem with, but a few already…
This nightmare has finally shown since they replaced my original 708a with a refurb. unit. I just don’t have good experience with this plex. drive, man! :a[/B]