708A is still a good burner?

Hi,
I has been out a while in latest development about DVD-burner, last winter I’ve purchased a PX-708A but I’ve used it rarely, now it’s time to start achiving my favorite shows into DVD so I’m looking around to find the best gear to burn a quality DVD that will last for years (I don’t want to loose some DVD after few months)
I’ve no interest into speed, even 40 mins isn’t a problem to burn a disc if the quality is great.
is the 708A up to the task ?
is the 712A a better product ?
About NEC/Pioneer latest driver ?

Thanks.

Why don’t you just try it and see for yourself? who’s gonna be better judge than you for your needs? Anyway, I think you should not have the slightest problem with your Plextor.

If you dont need 16 burning or dual layer stay with 708. With good quality media (TY or Ricoh) it will produce excellent results in just over 8 minutes per DVD.

Thanks I’ll looking for into media forum to find out more.

After the burn how do you suggest me to check my burn ?
708A don’t support quality check if I’m correct.
nero cdspeed ?

Error Checking with a LiteOn DVD ROM drive an KPbrobe.

I am using RicohJPN R02 Rev 03 for quite a while now. Burned at least 100 discs of this type.

PI values never exceed (with firmware 1.08) 20 which is quite good.

Arrow is right, the PX-708 produces excellent results with quality media. In addition to TY and Ricoh I would also recommend Verbatim +R discs.
If you use 4x disc you should be careful not to overspeed them. The Ricoh 4x discs I have checked does not look good when burned at 8x on my PX-708.

Arrow is right, the PX-708 produces excellent results with quality media.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

PLEXTOR 708A DVDRW
PIONEER 107D DVDRW
LITEON 811 DVDRW
TOSHIBA (2)1612 DVD-ROM
PLEXTOR 48X24X48 CDRW
PENT 4 HT 3.00C, 800 FSB, PENT 4 2.40 533 FSB
1GB CRUCIAL PC3200 MEMORY, 1GB CRUCIAL PC2700
MAXTOR 200 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 200 GB SATA HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR (2)120 GB HARD DRIVE
MAXTOR 60 GB HARD DRIVE