708A CD-R CDSpeed results - Should I be worried?

Here’s the story.

I have burned many Taiyo Yuden 48X CD-R on my PX-708A.

On almost every one, when I do a Nero CDSpeed 2.20 data transfer test on my Pioneer DVD-106S reader, there is a sudden drop-out in the transfer rate between 25 and 35 minutes. It’s really strange. Picture.

Note: There are a few CD-Rs burned on the PX-708A that read perfectly in the Pioneer. Just not very many. Also most of my other CDs burned on a PX-4012A and Toshiba SD-R2212 read smoothly on the Pioneer.

I’ve tested the same discs on the 708A, a Pioneer 116S reader, and a Sony CDU4821 CD Reader and there were no similar dropouts between 25 and 35 minutes.

(I really wish I had a lite-on so I could do some k-probe tests.)

Should I be worried about the integrity of the Plextor writer or the Pioneer reader?

If the CD-Rs you’ve burned using the PX-708A works fine in other drives it’s most likely an issue between 708A and 106S and/or the media.
Does your 106S show any troubles reading other cds?
//Danne

Originally posted by DiiZzY
If the CD-Rs you’ve burned using the PX-708A works fine in other drives it’s most likely an issue between 708A and 106S and/or the media.
Does your 106S show any troubles reading other cds?

I have not seen similar problems when the 106S tries to read pressed CDs or CDs burned in other burners.

(There are a few burned in the PX-708A that work perfectly too, but I didn’t do anything different/special when burning them.)