(708) Burning Gap in Movies @ 4x

vbimport

It seems no matter what media I use, i always get a small gap about ~10 minutes into a DVD movie. Will say successful burn, but when palying the movie back, i get chopy unreadable movie for about 3-5 minutes. I’ve just switched to tayor yuden which many people like, but when @ 4x ill get this gap 75% of the time. I switched hoping that i wouldn’t have to burn at 2x like i did for the memorex media.

Anyone have this problem?
Plextor 708a
Firmware: 1.09
Nero 6 Ultra Enterprise
(Tayo Yuden 4x dvd-r media)

This is a more ‘curiousity’ question, I am able to burn fine if all at 2x, but sometimes I’m impatient :smiley:

What software are you using to backup dvds? What is the process that you use in backing up dvds? For example are you using DVD DECRYPTER then DVD SHRINK? More info is needed in order to help you with your problem. I would strongly suggest you do the self diagnostic test on the 708a drive. If the drive fails the test then RMA it back to Plextor if you’re still within your warranty period. The instructions are in the manual or you can download it from plextors website. :wink:

k3n85, please scan your DVD-R discs with DVD Identifier and post the ADIP code here so we can have a look if the discs you’re using are in fact real Taiyo Yuden discs or fake (which can happen).

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TYG01]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
Manufacturer ID : [TYG01]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Process:
DVD-Shrink >> Nero Burn
or
DVD Decrypt >> Shrink >> Nero

i noticed this with last months version of clonecd upgrade to the newest one it’s been patched

which one? used 2.8.4.1 still saw it