7035 Beta (and earlier): Not playing well w/Blu-Ray

vbimport

This is kind of a long (wierd) problem, but I’ll do my best to keep it short. If I miss any pertinent info, please ask. First a system breakdown:

HP Pavilion e9220y
8G RAM
1TB HDD
Win 7 Home Preemium x64
DVDFab 7.0.3.5 Beta(and earlier)
All BR Modules are active trials
LITE-ON DH4B1S BD-R (w/latest FW)

I want to back-up “drag Me To Hell” BR, or basically ANY of the other BR’s I have.So I insert the disc, fire up DVDFab and select Full Disc mode, click “Start” and off we go…

All is good till it gets to 18%, then AMD RAIDXpert pops-up and tells me the drive is unplugged, DVDFab Errors (102 or maybe 103), so I hit “Finish” and try to eject the disk, but the drive is gone, out of explorer, comp. manager, everywhere.

At this point I’m thinking the cables must be loose, so I open the case and check all cables, everythings tight.

So I think, “it must be the movie.”, so I try “The Hangover”, same thing, 18%, crash, locked and missing drive, etc…

So, I shut down, start over and this time i simply try to copy (through explorer) the disc to a folder. WORKS FINE. :confused:

So, at this point I’m thinking it’s a Fab + Lite-On issue.

This had been happening in all prior versions as well. So installed Passkey 7.0.1.2 Beta so I could at least make an ISO thru ImgBurn. WORKS FINE. :cool:

I figured I’d give Fab one last shot before I give up entirely… WORKS FINE! :cool:

So we have:

DVDFab alone : no good
Explorer : good
ImgBurn + Passkey : good
DVDFab + Passkey : good

So, what is Passkey doing that Fab alone isn’t?? :confused:

Well I have been using DVDFab for years, but I’m a Registered User. The Trial Versions have restrictions, the bought and registered ones work fantastic. I Back-up Movie Only, and for both DVD and Blu-ray I have no problems. The Blu-ray I Back-up to HDD then burn with ImgBurn, and like I said, works great. Backing up the Full Disc should work fine too if done properly.

[QUOTE=alchav21;2509438]Well I have been using DVDFab for years, but I’m a Registered User. The Trial Versions have restrictions, the bought and registered ones work fantastic. I Back-up Movie Only, and for both DVD and Blu-ray I have no problems. The Blu-ray I Back-up to HDD then burn with ImgBurn, and like I said, works great. Backing up the Full Disc should work fine too if done properly.[/QUOTE]

I also have been using it for years. MY DVD modules are regged, and I have ZERO issue with regular DVD backups. My problem is the BR modules. It’s NOT a trial limitation, bein it works perfectly WITH Passkey installed. Obviously there is a difference in the way Passkey opens/removes the protection to the way DVDFab does it alone. Fengtao, any ideas?

[QUOTE=tdonahue_nj;2509673]I also have been using it for years. MY DVD modules are regged, and I have ZERO issue with regular DVD backups. My problem is the BR modules. It’s NOT a trial limitation, bein it works perfectly WITH Passkey installed. Obviously there is a difference in the way Passkey opens/removes the protection to the way DVDFab does it alone. Fengtao, any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Passkey is currently in beta and there are no restrictions on it.

DVDFab however follows this policy and that’s probably what the difference is.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Hi tdonahue_nj,
Just my two cents here, but am wondering if the problem you are experiencing may not lay with your BD Lite on, I have never had much faith in this product, do you have another BD burner or know some one who does, that you can try another rip with ???

First the trial version does[U] not[/U] have any limitations or restrictions on it.
For the 30 trial it is a full function program just as the registered version is.

Second the link to restrictions of the free version does[U] not[/U] apply here as the OP stated he is [U]not using the free version[/U] but is a registered user.

[QUOTE=Benhad;2509935]First the trial version does[U] not[/U] have any limitations or restrictions on it.
For the 30 trial it is a full function program just as the registered version is.

Second the link to restrictions of the free version does[U] not[/U] apply here as the OP stated he is [U]not using the free version[/U] but is a registered user.[/QUOTE]

Didn’t realise you were using the DVDFab trial period.

It’s quite possible that the two programs are currently out of sync though as Passkey might have been updated during recent tests.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2509960]Didn’t realise you were using the DVDFab trial period.

It’s quite possible that the two programs are currently out of sync though as Passkey might have been updated during recent tests.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

The recent practice of updating the full version- the free version-and Passkey at different times/rates is creating a lot of confusion and problems.

But once again the author did not ask for my opinion or advice before before making a jigsaw puzzle of the software.

Let me add this, not sure if this willlllllll clear anything up:

DVDFab v7.0.3.5 Beta (04/10/2010)
DVD2DVD - Registered
DVD2Mobile - Registered
BR2BR - Active trial (expires 04/26/2010)

DVD Passkey v7.0.1.2 Beta (04/07/2010)

The problem is only with BR discs.

DVDFab alone crashes at 18% during backup, once I install Passkey everything works fine.

@touchdown

No, I don’t have another drive, nor do I know someone who does. The odd thing about this, everything is fine once Passkey opens/removes protection. This leads me to believe it is not a hardware issue.

So… :confused: :confused: :confused:

[QUOTE=Benhad;2509968]The recent practice of updating the full version- the free version-and Passkey at different times/rates is creating a lot of confusion and problems.

But once again [B]the author did not ask for my opinion or advice [/B]before before making a jigsaw puzzle of the software.[/QUOTE]

The new policy for the different time-line on updates was created basically as a business tactic…ie…in hopes to get those who are using the free version will buy the product, thus bring in more revenue :iagree:

But hey like always tis just my .02 cents and most likely what I would do :bigsmile:

@touchdown

No, I don’t have another drive, nor do I know someone who does. The odd thing about this, everything is fine once Passkey opens/removes protection. This leads me to believe it is not a hardware issue.

So… :confused: :confused: :confused:

Yeah, this is odd,I had no problem backing up “Drag me to Hell” in BD,and I don’t have “The Hangover” in BD.
Are these the only movies you have experienced this with when you try to rip a BD???
ps also I don’t have or use Passkey.
I use a Buffalo (LG) burner for my ripping and burning.Just another thought, are the read side of the disc’s clean ?? no smudges, fingerprints, etc.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2510008]Yeah, this is odd,I had no problem backing up “Drag me to Hell” in BD,and I don’t have “The Hangover” in BD.
Are these the only movies you have experienced this with when you try to rip a BD???
ps also I don’t have or use Passkey.
I use a Buffalo (LG) burner for my ripping and burning.Just another thought, are the read side of the disc’s clean ?? no smudges, fingerprints, etc.[/QUOTE]

ALL of my BD’s do the same thing,but those were the two I sed during the test, but they ALL work fine with Passkey installed.

[QUOTE=tdonahue_nj;2510013]ALL of my BD’s do the same thing,but those were the two I sed during the test, but they ALL work fine with Passkey installed.[/QUOTE]

Well, as long as it works with passkey and you can back up your library, then that 's a good thing…:smiley:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2510021]Well, as long as it works with passkey and you can back up your library, then that 's a good thing…:D[/QUOTE]

TBH that’s the only thing that matters ATM. :iagree:

We’ve got a solution that works and when DVDFab is updated this will no longer be a problem.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2510088]TBH that’s the only thing that matters ATM. :iagree:

We’ve got a solution that works and when DVDFab is updated this will no longer be a problem.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Except no one from t hem Fab team actually acknowledged the problem, and said, 'we’re working on it." :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=tdonahue_nj;2510268]Except no one from t hem Fab team actually acknowledged the problem, and said, 'we’re working on it." :)[/QUOTE]

[B]To each his own but I would much rather the Fab team spend their time working on the software than wasting time reading the forums. Common since would tell me they are aware of problems and are working on them[/B]

[QUOTE=tdonahue_nj;2510268]Except no one from t hem Fab team actually acknowledged the problem, and said, 'we’re working on it." :)[/QUOTE]

If it’s posted here then the DVDFab team are aware of it.

Many of the DVDFab support team are also members here and Fengtao is also a guest moderator for the DVDFab sub-forum.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2510290]If it’s posted here then the DVDFab team are aware of it.

Many of the DVDFab support team are also members here and Fengtao is also a guest moderator for the DVDFab sub-forum.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Fair enough…:cool: