7-Zip 9.30 alpha was released.
This is a development version.
Don’t use 7-Zip 9.30 alpha to process important files and archives.
If you need more stable version, you can use 7-Zip 9.25 alpha.
7-Zip for 32-bit Windows:
7-Zip for 64-bit Windows x64:
What’s new after 7-Zip 9.29 alpha:
- The BUG in 7-Zip 9.26 alpha - 9.29 alpha versions was fixed.
These alpha versions could not open non-solid 7z archive, if
some files were skipped during creation of that archive.
That problem is also related to 7z archives created in solid mode,
if each solid block contains no more than one file.
Note: 7-Zip skips files that were open for writing by another
application and shows warning in that case.
What’s new after 7-Zip 9.22 beta:
- LZMA2 now is default compression method for .7z format.
- LZMA decompression speed was improved.
- 7-Zip File Manager now can move files to archives.
- 7-Zip File Manager now can calculate CRC-32, SHA-1 and SHA-256 checksums for files.
- The default encoding for TAR format now is UTF-8. You can use -mcp=1 switch for OEM encoding.
- Speed optimizations for opening big archives and big disk folders.
- 7-Zip now can update WIM archives.
- DMG support was improved
- “compress and send to email” code was improved to support more email clients.
- Command line version:
- new command “h” to calculate hash values CRC-32, CRC-64, SHA-256 or SHA-1 for files on disk.
- new “rn” command to rename files in archive.
- new -sdel switch to delete files after including to archive.
- new -sns switch to store NTFS alternate streams (for WIM format only).
- new -sni switch to store NT security information for files (for WIM format only).
- new -stl switch to set archive timestamp from the most recently modified file.
- new -spf switch to store full file paths including drive letter to archive.
If you use -spf switch with extract command, please check that file names
in archive are correct.
- The format of language files was changed.
- Some bugs were fixed.
7-Zip 9.30 alpha version is provided without source code.
Source code will be released in future beta version.