64 bit versions of anydvd, clonedvd, clone cd and clonedrive WHEN?

vbimport

i am running xp pro x64 edition final, i tried to install clonedrive but got an error, daemon tools and alcohol will support x64 soon, the private betas work, but we cant use them.

there are NO programs to mount images in xp x64 yet, i hope you are going to make 64bit versions soon, release them in beta so that we can use them, im dying for a mounting program.

thanks olli

I am also want to know because I planned to upgrade to WIN XP Pro 64bit edition
Hope CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD will be released 64bit edition(if these 64 bit edition has some discount for current registered user it will be better :bigsmile: )
Thanks

since both programs would have to be recoded I would not expect to see 64 bit vesrsions of them offered until 64 bit OS’s are readily available and more mainstream than they are now.

they are available to msdn subscribers, its been leaked all over the net. its olli’s chance to get some new customers as there are many programs that dont work on x64, so people would buy his programs.

hope you can make x64 versions soon olli, you rock!

As far as I can tell 64 bit versions are already in development, but I don’t know any release dates or upgrade paths yet.

they are available to msdn subscribers, its been leaked all over the net. its olli’s chance to get some new customers as there are many programs that dont work on x64, so people would buy his programs.

the number of People downloading 64 bit editions and installing them is MINISCULE compared to the overall number of computer users. most people have enough sense not to waste their time with an OS that has almost no programs available for it…well…except for Linux that is…ROFL

I agree, a 64bit OS is useless for the average desktop user at the moment. I do not agree, that most people know this. “64bit!!! Yeah!!! More bits must be better!”

well gosh Ollie they got that AMD64 an it’s just so coooool to have a 64 bit OS to do…uh…well next to nothing with it…lol

well actually most programs work with it that dont install drivers, 64 bit versions of programs come out each day, its 35% faster than 32bit windows.

think you guys need to read up about it before making judgements.

as for the numbers of users, it may be small, but the people who install it are advanced users i.e msdn subscribers, those are the people who will use olli’s programs, not 70 year old grandmothers.

hope we can see 64bit beta versions soon olli :).

just think 35% faster transcoding dvd’s, thats a big selling point to new customers :slight_smile:

I am allready ripping movies in 6-9 min with my current set up. so a 35% increase in speed isnt going to tempt me to shell out for a new 64 bit OS AND 64bit hardware.

no, but for people who has a 64bit computer and windows x64, they could see dvdshrink 32bit or pay for clonedvd64, which is better than dvdshrink anyway, but would be approx 35% faster than the 32bit version if written in 64bit code.

i would even settle just for x64 support, so that the drivers are modified so that they work on win x64 even if its not 64bit code, atleast we will be able to use the slysoft programs even if we dont have any performance boost over running it under xp sp2.

us 64bit users need clonedvd and anydvd to support x64, daemon tools 64 and alcohol 64 arent out yet, there in beta, so we would need a clonedrive 64 too as there are no image mounting programs that work in x64 as 32 bit drivers arent supported in x64, they have to be modified.

well, my days as an early adopter are past I have discovered that staying one step or two below the cutting edge is both cheaper and less frustrating. but bless all you folks that still want to stay there and be guinea pigs. you guys get to work out all the kinks and make my transitions to new software and hardware alot less stressful…hehe

I have to agree. I just replaced my (now dead thanks to a power surge) Athlon 64 machine with a brand new Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop and don’t regret it one bit. 64 bit computing allows more memory to be accessed. That’s great. And I’m sure the 64 bit architecture is better. However, for me to care, the software architecture has to be available and matured. That won’t happen for another year or two. Maybe when that happens I’ll consider a nice new 64 bit enabled laptop, but, until then, I’m quite pleased with my Inspiron. It can rip and burn DVD’s, play Doom3 and HL2 like there’s no tomorrow, and has enough juice to last 5 or so hours with normal windows use. I love technology, but, these days I’m sick of the “must have it for the sake of having it” nonsense. I want it to do something for me that I couldn’t do before. While 35% theoretical gain in performance is nice, functionality wise, it doesn’t give me anything I can’t already do. Hence, no thanks. :slight_smile: Just my $0.02. And this is coming from a software engineer. :slight_smile:

Hello Folks,

I would much rather see Olli and the fine folks at SlySoft expend and focus their limited recourse on perfecting and improving the mainstream 32bit Window versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD then diverting their attention to some future operating system that present mainstream hardware does not fully support. Let the big buck software developers be the guinea pigs and work out all the bugs first.

Regards,
bjkg

… to be released by the end of this month. At least the driver components should be rewritten with 64bit code, because CloneDVD, CloneCD, AnyDVD and Virtual CloneDrive do not run on XP64 at all.

great news olli :)!

im not as bothered about the whole program being written so its faster for us 64bit users, just wanted to be able to use it on my xp x64.

are you going to release alpha or beta versions, i can test out clonedvd, anydvd and clonedrive for you. cant test clonecd though as i dont have any games to copy, all back at home.

if your interested in me beta testing send links to the programs once completed to - nirvanaman@gmail.com

if you dont want me to test them thats ok too.

thanks again!

AnyDVD, CloneCD and CloneDVD are now running on 64 bit Windows. please look here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=134011

The only program still not working on 64 bit Windows is Virtual CloneDrive. I don’t know why, maybe Ollie can comment on this.

Dear ISS re 64-bit WinXP. I think you protest too much. If you are happy with your 486 then fine.

I do not want to run SOLELY 32-bit on my 64-bit computer and I applaud Slysoft for being in the van with 64-bit support.

I have my printer, broadband modem both working under WinXP 64-bit - what more do I need?

I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine themselves to facts - Mark Twain

I hardly consider 32 bit architecture a 486.

Some are unable to afford cutting edge technology, as well as having a little patience until the bugs are worked out. Like everything new, it will be a learning process and mistakes will be made.

I think what ISS says makes a lot of sense, and have basically followed his philosophy. I never buy the latest technology, I don’t think there is much value in such a purchase. I seldom use beta versions, I prefer things working properly the first time I install.

You cannot expect software companies to immediately respond to new technology, it is costly to do this, and they have the obligation to first service the majority. Both CloneDVD and AnyDVD have responded to those requesting 64 bit support with their new Beta versions, these folks are dedicated to customer satisfaction like no other that I’m aware of.

Dear ISS re 64-bit WinXP. I think you protest too much. If you are happy with your 486 then fine.

I do not want to run SOLELY 32-bit on my 64-bit computer and I applaud Slysoft for being in the van with 64-bit support.

I have my printer, broadband modem both working under WinXP 64-bit - what more do I need?

so which is it? first you say you dont want to run just 32 bit applications on your 64 bit computer then you say you have your printer and modem working so what else could you possibly need. (and when it comes to that, if all you really need is a printer and a modem what do you need 64 bit for anyway?)

My computer is not a status symbol, it doesnt stroke my ego. it is a TOOL. and one which I use for many different functions. At this time moving to 64 bit limits the functionality of my machine something that is unacceptable to me.

so if moving to a 64 bit OS and having a printer and modem working makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over knock yourself out.