64 bit dvd author

vbimport

Right now, I use TMPGENC dvd author 3 to convert my avi movie files to standard dvd format. However, it’s only a 32 bit program. On my new hp laptop (which has 4gb of ram), I have vista 64 home premium. I know that the 64 bit version will only provide a marginal improvement. But does anyone know when TMPGENC will offer a 64 bit version of their dvd author? Or for that manner, does anyone know when any company will make a 64 bit dvd authoring program?

[QUOTE=etep513;2179894]Right now, I use TMPGENC dvd author 3 to convert my avi movie files to standard dvd format. However, it’s only a 32 bit program. On my new hp laptop (which has 4gb of ram), I have vista 64 home premium. I know that the 64 bit version will only provide a marginal improvement. [B]But does anyone know when TMPGENC will offer a 64 bit version of their dvd author?[/B] Or for that manner, does anyone know when any company will make a 64 bit dvd authoring program?[/QUOTE]

For whzat sense???

The conversion process already uses all necessary features of 64 bit & the CPU.

[QUOTE=chef;2179987]For whzat sense???

The conversion process already uses all necessary features of 64 bit & the CPU.[/QUOTE]

So that the program itself can recognize all 4gb of ram. Since it’s a 32 bit app, it can only recognize a little over 3gb of ram.

That doesnt make any difference…

[QUOTE=chef;2180026]That doesnt make any difference…[/QUOTE]

It would make a difference. It would increase the speed of the application since it could recognize more ram.

And just why would you suppose an encoder (a very CPU intensive thing) would [I]even want to [/I]recognize more ram?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2180107]And just why would you suppose an encoder (a very CPU intensive thing) would [I]even want to [/I]recognize more ram?[/QUOTE]

I’ve yet to see an encoder that uses more than a couple hundred MB of RAM, more often much less than that.