6.2.2 not recognizing blu-ray disks

Hello all!

I’ve been very happy with DVDFab when it comes to DVDs - it’s nice to have them all on my media server. However, I recently purchased the Blu-ray addon and have had no luck. DVDs still work, just not Blu-ray.

I’m using a lite-on DH4B1S drive, with the latest firmware according to the lite-on website (7P5B).

I found another thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-0-1-0-blu-ray-275986/ that seemed to discuss the same problem.

DVDFab recognizes that I insert a Blu-ray disk, asks for the region (for testing I’ve tried all 3 options with every movie I’ve attempted with no change in result), analyzes the disk for a few seconds, then nothing happens. The source box still says “Please insert Blu-ray disc or choose Blu-ray folder/image file” when in the Full Disc mode. Same results for Main Movie and Clone modes.

Is this truly a known issue, and is it specifically with my drive? If so, can somebody recommend another drive I could use instead? I don’t mind replacing this one, I just need to know what the problem is. This is just the drive that came with one of my machines.

I’ve been emailing tech support back and forth on this for a while now, but she keeps making the same recommendations over and over again.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

[QUOTE=NoNickPlease;2301739]Hello all!

I’ve been very happy with DVDFab when it comes to DVDs - it’s nice to have them all on my media server. However, I recently purchased the Blu-ray addon and have had no luck. DVDs still work, just not Blu-ray.

I’m using a lite-on DH4B1S drive, with the latest firmware according to the lite-on website (7P5B).

I found another thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-0-1-0-blu-ray-275986/ that seemed to discuss the same problem.

DVDFab recognizes that I insert a Blu-ray disk, asks for the region (for testing I’ve tried all 3 options with every movie I’ve attempted with no change in result), analyzes the disk for a few seconds, then nothing happens. The source box still says “Please insert Blu-ray disc or choose Blu-ray folder/image file” when in the Full Disc mode. Same results for Main Movie and Clone modes.

Is this truly a known issue, and is it specifically with my drive? If so, can somebody recommend another drive I could use instead? I don’t mind replacing this one, I just need to know what the problem is. This is just the drive that came with one of my machines.

I’ve been emailing tech support back and forth on this for a while now, but she keeps making the same recommendations over and over again.

Thanks in advance for any advice![/QUOTE]

Sounds like the discs you are trying to read are BD+ protected, which Fab can’t (yet) handle.

According to Fengtao, he’s cracked the BD+ protection, and they’re in the throes of integrating it into the software, with a scheduled release on the next Beta of later this month.

Just a little more patience, and Blu-Ray will be Fab’s.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2301756]Sounds like the discs you are trying to read are BD+ protected, which Fab can’t (yet) handle.[/QUOTE]

If BD+ is detected a window pops up and stating that BD+ was detected and isn’t supported. The user is not receiving this pop-up window so I suspect the problem is elsewhere.

[QUOTE=DrinkLyeAndDie;2301831]If BD+ is detected a window pops up and stating that BD+ was detected and isn’t supported. The user is not receiving this pop-up window so I suspect the problem is elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Correct - no message box.

I’m guessing it’s the drive, but I’d rather have confirmation that’s the case and it’ll never be fixed before I spend the money on a new one.

i have the same problem. i have an LG GGW-H20L with the lastest firmware YL05. I can read any movie on blu-ray except friday the 13th 2009. Then when i put in a blank disk either a bd-r, bd-re, bd-r dl, bd-re dl the program closes. I have talk to the tech and they refer me to a site that doesn’t help me.

anybody knows whats going on

to all

i have been using verbatium and sony blu-ray disc’s and no luck on getting a disc to burn. i also email them and asked them if the program onl uses 50gb disc only and have had not heard back.

taurus04,
fab will read 25Gb discs as well as 50GB or anything in between.

Now then, I also have the same drive as you, I am wondering if you have all of your setting correct, in setting Blu-ray file reading mode it should be Internal (UDF 2.50 Parser + I/O ) and not windows file system.

cache control should be checked

I/O mode auto
hoping that this helps, good luck :slight_smile:

Now then nonickplease

maybe you should check your setting as well, I don’t know anything about your media driver, but if it’s new you think it should work, but if the Blu-Ray your putting in are not opening at all or just a cursory scan I would have to go with a bad burner.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2302482]taurus04,

Now then, I also have the same drive as you, I am wondering if you have all of your setting correct, in setting Blu-ray file reading mode it should be Internal (UDF 2.50 Parser + I/O ) and not windows file system.

I/O mode auto

Now then nonickplease

maybe you should check your setting as well, I don’t know anything about your media driver, but if it’s new you think it should work, but if the Blu-Ray your putting in are not opening at all or just a cursory scan I would have to go with a bad burner.[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile:

OC

:wink:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2302482]taurus04,

I/O mode auto

Now then nonickplease

maybe you should check your setting as well, I don’t know anything about your media driver, but if it’s new you think it should work, but if the Blu-Ray your putting in are not opening at all or just a cursory scan I would have to go with a bad burner.[/QUOTE]

Touchdown,
Unfortunately, I am using the same settings you suggested and still no luck. I tried tweaking a few of them to no avail.

I don’t wanna burn, just rip movies to my bloody server.

Is it normal for the support person to keep suggesting the same things two or three times like a broken record? It’s as if she’s not reading the previous messages.

This is getting frustrating. I’m thinking it’s probably the drive. Anyone had any luck with the LG BH08LS20? BestBuy’s website says one of the stores near me has it in stock.

No Nick Please, I had the same exact problem you encountered with the same burner (LiteOn DH4B1S) fw 7P5B. DVD’s were no problem, BD’s the same problem as you.

I had another minor BD related problem with the Lite On DH4B1S which I forgot what it was so I just dumped the Lite On and replaced it with a Pioneer BDR-203BKS, now I have no problems.

Andrew

Yeah, I would say replace your DVD drive if your still encountering the same problem. as to your question about that LG product, I don’t know any thing about that model, I use a LG - GGW - H20L it has been very reliable, I don’t think LG sells the model I use any longer though, but I think LG is a pretty good product.

i cant get anything to burn in blu-ray, it burns dvd’s with no problem. i have my lg GGW-H20L in and external enclosure. i tried it in me computer and it does the same thing that it does in the enclosure

[QUOTE=taurus04;2302869]i cant get anything to burn in blu-ray, it burns dvd’s with no problem. i have my lg GGW-H20L in and external enclosure. i tried it in me computer and it does the same thing that it does in the enclosure[/QUOTE]

What burn engine are you using? The one supplied with DVDFab?

OC

yes i am

But which one specifically, VSO, Nero, or ImgBurn

Vso

switch it to ImgBurn than try a write, I can write movie after movie in main, my problem is trying to write in full,another thing you might want try is the clone feature if your backup disc is 23GB or smaller. And if your still having problems, try this link courtesy of StormJumper. you will have to download ImgBurn first of course.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2283364-post7.html

So you copt main movie only

So you only copy main movie only and not the full disc

No,what I was saying is, in the full mode it won’t let me, I keep getting an error=102, even though I want to write the full. I have no problem writing from main only, but that copies the main movie ONLY, no trailers, nothing, but the main movie, I would like to be able to capture every thing on the back up in it’s entirety, but right now I have to go to ImgBurn as a stand alone to write the full disc, or I can clone it.