6.0.0.5 still no Preview video

I’ve gone through all the steps to fully uninstall previous versions of DVDFab. Cleaned all files from C drive, removed all references from registry, cleaned the registry, defragged, did a search of C for DVDFab - nothing showed up.
Downloaded and installed new copy 6.0.0.5…

I have a Macbook Pro with VMWare Fusion to use WindowsXP SP3 with no other viewers (except Window Media Player 11) and no other video or audio codecs.
Video in Preview has worked all along (since July 2008), but not since I downloaded 5.2.5.0 .

Show Preview automatically and Direct show is selected, DVDFab video and DVDFab audio decoders are selected.

Also, when I put in a movie disc the task window does not list " Use DVDFab 6: to copy, burn this disc" to the task options list.

On the plus side, it does copy the movie… :slight_smile:

I’ve been using the software since 2005 and hardly ever had a problem.

Perhaps Fengtao has some idea?

Anyone else having this problem?

[QUOTE=Shmoosma;2274902]I’ve gone through all the steps to fully uninstall previous versions of DVDFab. Cleaned all files from C drive, removed all references from registry, cleaned the registry, defragged, did a search of C for DVDFab - nothing showed up.
Downloaded and installed new copy 6.0.0.5…

I have a Macbook Pro with VMWare Fusion to use WindowsXP SP3 with no other viewers (except Window Media Player 11) and no other video or audio codecs.
Video in Preview [B]has worked[/B] all along (since July 2008), but not since I downloaded 5.2.5.0 .

[B]Show Preview automatically [/B]and Direct show is selected, DVDFab video and DVDFab audio decoders are selected.

Also, when I put in a movie disc the task window does not list " Use DVDFab 6: to copy, burn this disc" to the task options list.

On the plus side, it does copy the movie… :slight_smile:

I’ve been using the software since 2005 and hardly ever had a problem.

Perhaps Fengtao has some idea?

Anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]
What about the other checkbox in Preview settings ?, you state that you have Show Preview automatically selected but don’t say anything about "Play selected source automatically ?

also you may want to keep version 5250 installed for future use because a function of DVD to Mobile has been transfered to File to Mobile option which cost extra

All I had to do was check the first one (then click the play button manually).

Does it matter what version of Direct show is used, if so what version is
recomended?

Thanks

Edit: does dshow have to be installed?

DVDFab installs its own filter/decoder. Choose that one, it has proved to be the most stable operating from within DVDFab.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2274914]What about the other checkbox in Preview settings ?, you state that you have Show Preview automatically selected but don’t say anything about "Play selected source automatically ?

also you may want to keep version 5250 installed for future use because a function of DVD to Mobile has been transfered to File to Mobile option which cost extra[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip about DVD to Mobile…

And, yes, Play selected source automatically is checked…

[QUOTE=Shmoosma;2275550]Thanks for the tip about DVD to Mobile…

And, yes, Play selected source automatically is checked…[/QUOTE]That information is incorrect. No function was removed from DVD to Mobile.