52xCDrw .... ASUS..MSI..or PLextor

vbimport

yep well like some iam in the market for a new cdrw…was just wanting some opinions on those three writers…mainly…

DAE quality and SD2.9 backups…

i like plex’s gigaREC technology but is it worth it???

Why not Lite-On 52246S? Or the upcoming 52327K?

IMO GigaREC is pretty useless unless you have a Plextor drive along w/ the software that can read GigaREC everywhere you go. Waste of money.

well i read where SD2.9 is “targeting LiteON drives that use the mediaTek chipset” and the 52xcdrw’s by LiteON are “IF-y”

well i read where SD2.9 is "targeting LiteON drives

Not to worry.
The MSI and ASUS are lower quality for burning, and not very media tolerant. It’s useless to buy a drive based on copy protections, cause there’s a new one every week, and they always get beat. The new LiteOn 52327S has a new chipset and will likely do very well in the copying area. You can read rewiews on all these drives here, and at CDRLabs.

If you got the money, go for the Plex.

This baby can do all.

To tell the truth till now there’s no thread which confirmed that Plextor premium can copy sd 2.9 correctly (or at least I didn’t find it). of course, I hope it can do it.

Greetings.

yea true…would like philamber or futureproof to respond to this…since one of them have tested the Plex 52x…would like to know if it cuts the cake…if not ill probably go with the Asus

Get the Plextor Premium. All this crap about GigaRec disks not being able to be read on other drives is complete rubbish. I played all my GigaRec disks fine on my LTD-163D.

All this crap about GigaRec disks not being able to be read on other drives is complete rubbish

No, it’s not rubbish, many people are having problems with it.