(52x) Taiyo Yuden discs in the Netherlands?

vbimport

Hi,

Does anybody know which company sells (52x) Taiyo Yuden discs in the Netherlands (if any)?
We do have Fuji’s over here, but those seem to be the German discs that Fuji creates itself.
I would really like to buy some good CD-R’s after some bad experiences with some A-brands…

Thank you for your time,
XIII

48x TY disc’s can be burned on 52x on some burners.

brands.
What allways are TY disc’s and that can be bought in Holland is PLextor.

stores
Also you can order at Opus(www.opus.nl) some spindle/shrink wrap of TY disc’s. (100 5x rated TY disc’s -64,99) (A-grade)
arround 38 euro’s for a spindle of 50 white printable 48x disc’s(A-grade)

One small advice.
It might be interresting checking some german online stores.
Quite some german online stores sell 32x (A-grade) 100 TY slimline cased disc’s for arround 35 euro’s adding arround 10-15 euro’s for shipping still makes them cheaper as anything you can buy directly in Holland.
TY (E-grade ) 48x spindles of 100 disc’s can be found for arround 40 euro’s in germany

Here you can find some on-line shops that sell Plextor products,atleast the 2 first are selling Plextor (T-Y) cd-r´s.

Originally posted by dakhaas

TY (E-grade )

1. There is no E-grade.

2. Hard to imagine TY making anything but A-grade.

According to a lot of german webstores and some estonian sites TY has 2 quality ranges on the European market.
Grade A.
Grade E -Where the E is supposed to be standing for Excellent

Sales trick yes/no ?
Might be however in general E grade TY look to perform a bit better as Grade A disc’s.

So what’s the difference in production proces?
Stamper is supposed to be changed earlier.

So is there anyone who knows more about this ?
E-grade just a marketing term made up by the and are we just seeing what we want to see ?

According to a lot of german webstores and some estonian sites TY has 2 quality ranges on the European market.
Grade A.
Grade E -Where the E is supposed to be standing for Excellent

Sales trick yes/no ?
Might be however in general E grade TY look to perform a bit better as Grade A disc’s.

Are you guessing or what ? Whatever some German & Estonian sites might call it,
those still are their own "made-up"s.

Please read Disc Grading System in my sig.

I know that grades list.
Checking through all my info shows up the following.
companny grades and the grades in this list might not the same.

Why ?

Let me go through the points.

Compatability with burners - Some drives hate some disc’s.
a good disc might be burnt poor because of bad laser optimalisation. Everyone thinks that TY makes A-grade disc’s but lets say My burner screws the disc up and it’s measured back and it’s absolutely not grade A. Does this mean that it may not be named grade A when sold to stores. What I am saying is quality is compatbility dependant !!

Compatbility with the reader- Since there are many different analyzers out there do we really think there all measureing the same. The more expensive calibrated drives will but it’s a question if cheap analyzers like the clover, datarius or from CD Associates do. Also the measurement is speed dependant and some analyzers are used for fast cd testing. Which makes a difference.

So what I am thinking is that the quality grades in your signature are for the clover device. And have nothing to do with the internal factory grades.

Another point in this discussion.
MAM america states on there site that they put the best gold disc’s asside and sell them these days as Archive Gold.
Now it is known that a lot of cd producers do this.
So why won’t TY do this.
Some name them grade “A+”
others name them grade “S” (superior)
And most German stores seem to call TY’s (A+) line grade E or grade E (A+)
So it might be that there distibutor came up with the E for the A+ or TY or the stores did it themselves. (In the last case they might have made a quite good conspiracy out of it )
Still I agree and it makes a odd one if you list them in the order compared to the others.

Another point is How do factories determine there grades ?
Should be testing however testing will cost a disc so they probally do it each X times. Now the question is how manny times X. And this X looks to be just depending on the quality procedure of the companny.

So what am I thinking.
I am thinking that factory grades are something different thing as the grades we have seen befor.
And I personally think that ther person who I spoke some time ago and said that it had to do with the stamper ussage might be closer than I first thought.

If this is true then it might also be true that TY is selling 2 quality ranges on there market.

Personally I first didn’t believe it myself that TY has a 2 different ranges. However the results I have seen do show a slight difference in favor of the supposed grade E disc’s.
Which actually made me know have some doubts about it.
Still this just could be the difference in batch quality !
The price difference is small with most of these stores. So we aren’t ripped of. THe only webstore which sells there supposed
E graded TY disc’s for a quite high price is the Feurio webstore.
(arround 60 euro’s for 100 pieces)

I might pull some strings to find out what’s the truth about it.
But if anyone knows more about it then let me know.

I might pull some strings to find out what’s the truth about it.
But if anyone knows more about it then let me know.

Those strings has already benn pulled,ask BoSkin again and he might help.

And most German stores seem to call TY’s (A+) line grade E or grade E (A+)
So it might be that there distibutor came up with the E for the A+
I really don’t know what you’re talking about - who came up with what ?! It’s kinda hard to guess for the other.
I once saw some site interpreting it ( A+ , that is ) as an EXTRA EXCELLENT quality,
apparently, in order to attract more good-hearted customers with the fishy gimmicks.

“+” & “-” stand for positive & negative Beta / Asymmetry
or, in other words, Long Strategy and Short Strategy

…and nothing else !

So how do you explain the difference with MAM.
Is MAM gold B media and the archival media A
Or are they both A.
Or are like I said factory standards different as the Clover standards’.

Like I allready said befor looks like some factories actually are makeing a presellection above the disc’s they normally put on the market as A. I will contact some sources in the bussiness to see what’s real.

One thing I do know the gradeing system in your sig doesn’t say a thing for retailers and manufacturers. Like I allready explained in the other post.
The criteria can only be used after a burn and the other hardware factors should then be taken into account.
So it cannot be used correct in advance by factories.

So we at least know that any mentioned grade at a online store is bullshit ! Unless there is a different system as the one in your post.

I will contact some sources in the bussiness to see what’s real.

AudioDev Worldwide

Looks like I was right with my factory/ shop grades not being the same as the one in your signature.

Found this on the net
http://www.mscience.com/faq504.html

And checked 2 of my sources (1 is a cd-r manufacturer and one is a vendor )

It seems to be determinded by manufacturer or vendor !
They both may hold there own standards and there own quality rateing. This explains the huge difference between Mitsui A grade media and CMC A grade media. Different internal quality controle systems.
Some factories rate disc’s based on quality( which is measured after each x disc’s) and stamper generation. Others base it pure on visual defects.
Looks like CMC is scanning more on physical defects while Mitsui has a more total controle feeling over it.(The CMC disc’s look a bit better on the outside !)

Now TY seems to be comming at this moment in the following flavours according to wholesalers / distributers in Germany

A+ (E) are the newest 48x ones
A are the 32x rated ones
A- are the ones which seem to be recognized as slow speed cyanine. And most times are up to 16x rated.

Note these grades have nothing to do with the grade list from Clover in BoSkin signature. A- /A disc is actually just an older stock TY disc. All these disc’s will probally score a A grade most times based on the rateing system in BoSkin signature.

So like said befor store/manufacturer grades say nothing about real quality. In the TY case it seems to be just a method of rateing the maximum burnable speed.

Since what one vendor thinks is A another might say it’s B based on his criteria. Same counts for factories

Found this on the net
http://www.mscience.com/faq504.html

Note these grades have nothing to do with the grade list from Clover in BoSkin signature. A- /A disc is actually just an older stock TY disc. All these disc’s will probally score a A grade most times based on the rateing system in BoSkin signature.

The site’s been known for ages. Btw, has the so called E-grade been mentioned there ? :wink:

If you’ve found your peace of mind, then I’m happy for you. :smiley: