52x liteon 52246s only reaching 48x write speed in nero? please help

i have it set to show the actual write speed in nero. about 2 seconds before it is done it finally reaches 48x burning a complete 80minute cdr.

Are you sure you are using 52x media? If not, PowerRec is going to limit you to whatever the CD-R is rated at (in this case 48x)

I’m sorry PowerRec is Plextor, in your case SmartX would limit your burning speed.

Where’s the option to set actual write speed in Nero? I have 5.5.10.15 and don’t see it anywhere in the Preferences.

Originally posted by CyByte
i have it set to show the actual write speed in nero. about 2 seconds before it is done it finally reaches 48x burning a complete 80minute cdr.

Originally posted by hqh51
Where’s the option to set actual write speed in Nero? I have 5.5.10.15 and don’t see it anywhere in the Preferences.

HERE

Thanks! Just enabled it.

Originally posted by rdgrimes

HERE

My media is 48x Imations which I’d assume can do 52x with them as well.

My media is 48x Imations which I’d assume can do 52x with them as well.

That’s a big assumption. SmartBurn will kick in and slow the speed on many, if not most, CDR’s somewhere between 48x and 52x. This is part of it’s design. the indicated speed in Nero will reflect the slowing of the burn speed, and the drive will show a yellow light during the pause and downshift. Because of this, setting the burn speed at 48x can often result in a faster total burn time than setting it at 52x.
I’m not sure that 48x or 52x is a good idea on that media in any case. but unless you are burning a full 700MB, you will not see the max speed indicated.