52x Lite-On Burner Released- LTR-48125W Owners Your Drive is Outmoded

Remember when the LTR-48125W used to be the fastest burner. :cool: Oh well, if you are satisfied with a burner that used to be the fastest, I suppose that counts for something. :wink:

Announcing the the stupendous, the colossal, the incrementally faster Lite-on LTR- 52246S.

Get rid of those old, slow burners, boys and get the latest disc destruction tester. Get prepared for a new round of coasters galore and endless media tests. :cool:

4x faster, omg what is teh world coming to. we must all surrender our 48x in light of this new revolutionary 52x. :bow: .

OMFG, I’m shitting my pants here. must go out and buy this awesome now 52x CDRW which is 2 secs. faster than my 48x. hmmm… looks like it has 24 RW though. Hmmm… I wonder who sells 24x CDRW media.

I wonder who sells 24x CDRW media

I’d rather buy 5-10 pcs of 24x-40x CDRs instead :cool:
Isn’t it logical ?

dude cdrw disc are a rip off here, and the fastest ones ive seen are only 4x. to hell with the rw’s! if i cant get 20 cdr’s for the price of 1 stinkin cdrw then its only makes sense to go with the faster and cheaper media.

dude…--…there is so little diff in the time it takes between 48X to 52X…crunch the numbers…I cant see any 48X owner dropping their 48125W in a hurry…^^

Originally posted by Stoner
must go out and buy this awesome now 52x CDRW which is 2 secs. faster than my 48x.

Nah, I reckon you must be able to save at least, wait for it …, 3 secs. with this one. Tada!!! :wink: :rolleyes:

Damn, 3 secs? Well, in that case, I better preorder it.

Is this drive pretty much the end of the line in advancement for RW drives? If I get this, will it be the last CDRW drive I ‘ever need’?:eek:

The RW speeds will be the next thing, but I think 52X CD-R will be it…

IMHO…the issue is the write quality better on the 6 series chipset…anyone know…

There is a 52x32x52 CD-RW in Lite-ON IT’s roadmap as well for the first quarter of 2003. Coincidentally, I recently won a new LTR-52246S at my hardware distributor’s seminar this past Friday. I should be receiving it in the mail this week (Hopefully.) While I can’t see where owners of the 48x24x48 drive would need to upgrade, I’m currently using a Yamaha 3200ez. So the upgrade will be welcomed for my configuration.

@kodyradio

When you get this nice burner. extract the firmware and send it to me directly! :slight_smile: So I can put it out on my webpage.

/Dyzan

Originally posted by Dyzan
[B]@kodyradio

When you get this nice burner. extract the firmware and send it to me directly! :slight_smile: So I can put it out on my webpage.

/Dyzan [/B]
Yeap…hopefully you will get it soon:D

It is quite silly for any liteon owner that has EFM encoding to bother get anything faster

moving up from a 12x10x32 (Creative=>Liteon) to a 48x12x48 was worth it for 4x the speed of the old burner and it has EFM encoding.

.this isn’t fair, have’t even had my ltr48125w for two months yet, and a new ones coming out…:frowning:

Now enjoying the my 52x 24x 52x writer now … :eek: :eek:

@-=][Y]{=-:

Every burner has EFM Encoding.

Arbarlest Pang
How is the write quality…I am more concerned whether the 6 series chipset produces a better burned cd…the 40/48x were good but often you would find an error or 2 on a disc…

@Arbalest: Download this image, burn it, and then read it again with clonecd. Then post the log file, please.

That will show if your writer is a 2- or 3-sheep-burner…