52x firmware PLEASE HELP US OUT!

Lots of people waiting for a rip of the Lite-On 52/24/52 firmware so we can try it on our version 6 chipsets.

Can some kind soul PLEASE rip and post the firmware?

Thanks!

are you aware of any chance that this FW could work with a 40125S@48125W? That 24x RW sure would be sweet.:bigsmile:

It won’t for sure. You’re drive is a 5-chipset. The newer chipset (6) can only be found in 48126s/48246s/52246s. The last isn’t very widely available at the moment.

Correct me when i’m wrong, but if a 32123W (3 series chipset) can be flashed to a 48125W (5 series chipset) isn’t there at least a POSSIBILITY that it might work from a 5 series to a 6?:confused:

In that case, forget the “It won’t for sure” part… :bigsmile:

There is no 32123W

You can only flash the 32125W to 48125W.
32123S can be flashed only to a 3-version of 40125S

Yes, thats right.
You can only flash the same chipset.
example: 3 to 3
5 to 5

Try going to this guy’s post
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55882

Or rather go to Dyzan’s site
http://liteon.notrix.net/

Their 52246S is just out today
http://dyzan.myftp.org/network/liteon//files/bios/mem52x/6WS2.exe

Be minded its not a true Lite-On firmware, its extracted from a Memorex 52x, which is a rebadged Lite-On 52246S, so try it. If it works I’ll be right behind ya.
:slight_smile:

Originally posted by dfourthhorseman
[B]Try going to this guy’s post
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55882

Or rather go to Dyzan’s site
http://liteon.notrix.net/

Their 52246S is just out today
http://dyzan.myftp.org/network/liteon//files/bios/mem52x/6WS2.exe

Be minded its not a true Lite-On firmware, its extracted from a Memorex 52x, which is a rebadged Lite-On 52246S, so try it. If it works I’ll be right behind ya.
:slight_smile: [/B]

I tried it and it works great. I now have a “Memorex 52Maxx” that writes perfectly at 52x speed.

I would like the real Lite-On firmware though … 52246S.

I hope someone will rip it so I can buy a 48126 with no troubles :smiley:

Originally posted by Solka
I hope someone will rip it so I can buy a 48126 with no troubles :smiley:

Apparently people with the original 48126 have upgraded to a 52246 with no problems … they all use the mediatek chipset 6.

SOMEONE PLEASE POST THE LITE-ON 52246S firmware!

Originally posted by alexnoe

There is no 32123W
You can only flash the 32125W to 48125W.
32123S can be flashed only to a 3-version of 40125S

Which is what exactly ? What 3rd version ?
I once had 40125S ( 32123S inside, which you, alexnoe, were aware of ) which I then successfully flashed to 48125W.

Once you’ve got 40125S, there’s the “green light” to you to take it further to 48125W.

Am I right or am I missing something here :confused:

You do not need to flash it to 40x before you flash it to 48x

Who said I did ?

Using Dyzan’s helpful website i recently flashed my 40 Speed Liteon with the 6S02 firmware in DOS using MKTFLASH.

The drive WAS recognized by the bios as " LI " (minus the quotes) and Windows 98 SE lost the IRQ of the 2nd IDE controller.

The drive was NOT recognized by the Operating System and thus useless.

After rebooting i reflashed it using the VS08 firmware for the 48 speed writer. It works like a charm now on 48 Speed.

It already worked like a charm using VS02… so i guess i’m stuck to 48 speed :slight_smile:

Originally posted by BoSkin
Who said I did ?

Originally posted by BoSkin
Once you’ve got 40125S, there’s the “green light” to you to take it further to 48125W.

As in only once you are at 40125S can you update to 48125W.

@dhc014

I don’t really get it whatcha trying to prove here ?

ok, nevermind