52x and DVD±RW writer reviews

It’s about 3 weeks ago when (if I’m correct it was Futureproof) said these reviews would be on the net.

Until now the only review I’ve seen is on CDRLabs of the SONY DRU500A.

Does anyone know if, and where, there are more reviews of these drives?

There has been some delay. 4x DVD-R, 2x DVD-RW, 4x DVD+R, and 4x DVD+RW media are not found on the market easily even when you are going to pay a lot more money for them.

BTW, DVD±RW writer drives are just those that have both features of DVD+RW drives and DVD-RW drives, nothing more. So far, there are not much to be said about those “dual” drives. More reviews will soon follow when NEC, Sanyo, Philips, Ricoh, and many others release their shiny new products. They are now trying to be more cautious since people do not like to find their 4x writers cannot write at 4x simply because they cannot buy 4x media.

(Namoh posted this thread in LiteOn forum but it was moved DVD Hardware forum by one of the Admins/Mods.)

A local vendor could provide me some DVD-R 4x media at 6 Euro each till next weak, so they become available by now. The price is :Z though

I can get some Pioneer 4x DVD-R media for a little less than that but it’s still too expensive and very rare. I’m waiting for TY 4x media.