52327S offset

Hi,
does anyone know the proper (EAC) offset for this drive? Particularly for reading discs.

And is the offset the same from drive to drive, or should i try my best to get some samples cds and get them right myself?

thanks for any help

Welcome to the forum! :smiley:

I don’t know for sure about EAC, but Nero CDSpeed can find some offset information in the Advanced DAE quality test. On the “Performance” page of the review of the LTR-52327S at CDRLabs, the offset was measured to be 0.

Offset Questions

I see you already had your question answered at HA, but I’ll reply anyway. The read offset is -6, but the value you want to use in EAC is the read offset correction value, which is +6. The write offset (which can be used in EAC… there is no “write offset correction” value in EAC) is also -6. The combined read/write offset is 0.

Some older Liteon products (48125W) had read offset of +6.

I ran offset tests on a LiteOn LTR-52327S that consistently produced a Read sample offset is 0.

My LTR-52327S wish list includes:

1. Being able to write with EAC using the LTR-52327S.
  2. Having precise Feurio! configuration info for the LTR-52327S.

:cool:

ExactAudioCopy (EAC) - OffsetBase

Am I missing something, Boskin?

I looked at the incomplete database link you provided, but that turned out to be a waste of time - it didn’t contain any data on the LiteOn LTR-52327S.

I’d love to know more about this excellent drive, and especially its optimum Feurio! settings. :confused:

Originally posted by LBTS

Am I missing something, Boskin?

No, you’re missing nothing. That link wasn’t refered to just to you, you know.

In order to be complited you can contribute the database. Are you aware of that ?

And if you’d love to know more - Google and the Feurio! help files are to your service.
Or you’d rather prefer this stuff to be pointed out for you, LBTS ?

Btw, do you know how you can delete your double posts or you’d rather be taught ?

Why Bo, I do detect a bit of nastiness in your reply. I’m truly hurt.

Sorry dude, you were the one who came into this thread and degraded it with an irrelevant post that turned out to be nothing more than a waste of time. I don’t have much time left, so I’d rather not waste it.

If you can quit playing the bully for a second, and if you really have something pertinent to add to this thread; something concerning the 52327S, go for it. We’re here to learn about making great CDs; not to fight over personalities.

PS. I bow to your considerable experience; please feel free to clean up any double posts.

Originally posted by LBTS

you were the one who came into this thread and degraded it

if you really have something pertinent to add to this thread;
something concerning the 52327S, go for it.
…and you were the one who came into this thread and upgraded it, lol.

Please do the same.
Btw, I wonder whether or not you’ve learnt anything from my previous post
and contributed your driver’s offset value to the database, so that it would be available there,
so that you wouldn’t wait until some1 puts it into your mouth.

ahem

>I looked at the incomplete database link you provided, but that
>turned out to be a waste of time -

If you want perfect help, it’s often not found. Lots of people, lots of times, will just point in a direction. With the amount of assistance BoSkin gets thru, it’s hard to read everything, everytime.

When posting, a direct reply is prefixed “@” as in

@LBTS

If he’d said “@LBTS” you might be confused. But a general reply is not prefixed. BoSkin’s replies were for the benefit of anyone else reading the thread.

@LBTS To be quite pedantic, you were never quoted and you started it.

For the triva buffs the correct way to quote online is:

“LBTS” wrote:
[…]
>
[…]

>Sorry dude, you were the one who came into this thread and
>degraded it with an irrelevant post that turned out to be
>nothing more than a waste of time.

That’s your opinion :cop:

Originally posted by FutureProof

That’s your opinion :cop:
Thanks, FP ! :smiley: