52327S in stock @ Newegg

For all you lucky American customers:

41 $ and 5 $ shipping. Not bad at all.

rdgrimes, you getting in on this?
:bigsmile:

What the hell? It only comes in black. Where’s the beige version? I’ll buy it if my current 48246S dies and the beige version comes out.

I’m gonna have to restrain myself to wait for beige. :frowning:

Edit: well that lasted for about an hour. Just ordered one.:bigsmile:

Why?

It’s still a 52x writer… is there really going to be that much of a difference from a 6 series?

I’ve never been able to find RW media higher than 12x in my country so it can’t be for the RW that people want it since the media is impossible to find. 24x is not available in Canada, much less 32x.

is there really going to be that much of a difference from a 6 series?

I’ll let you know…
We expect improved RW quality on all media, not just at 32x. And P-CAV strategy at 24x instead of CAV.

Did Lite-On say there was going to be improved RW Quality or did people besides Lite-On say there was going to be improved RW Quality?

Or, is this the Lite-On Reputation that says to expect improved RW Quality?

Or, is this the Lite-On Reputation that says to expect improved RW Quality?

It doesn’t take an engineer to understand that in order to RW at 32x, it has to have improved laser calibration and control. RW is the most difficult and demanding task that a drive does. This improved quality may or may not carry over to CDR’s at high speeds, we’ll have to wait and see. Very soon I’ll be posting some tests that will confirm, or not, my opinion. If the chipset improvements are 1/2 as good as the 6 series improvements over the 5, it’ll certainly be worth the whopping price of $43.

Sounds pretty nice, if they can get better RW Quality into there. Personally, I don’t care much as I never Re-Write anyways. All I do with my burners is write, not re-write, not read.

I was a devoted anti-RW person until the 52246S came along, now I use Verbatim US media for regular back-ups and have seen higher quality burns than many CDR’s offer. I’ve yet to see any 10x/12x RW media that I would trust.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
[B]I’m gonna have to restrain myself to wait for beige. :frowning:

Edit: well that lasted for about an hour. Just ordered one.:bigsmile: [/B]

original post time: 21-06-2003 06:19
Last edited by rdgrimes on 21-06-2003 at 06:53

u give urself too much credit rd. :stuck_out_tongue:

Waiting for RDG’s report on this new puppy. If the verdict’s good, I’ll have to release my half assed 48246 @ 52246S and get the 7.

Originally posted by Stoner
Waiting for RDG’s report on this new puppy. If the verdict’s good, I’ll have to release my half assed 48246 @ 52246S and get the 7.

Stoner, why call it half-assed? I think the 6 series are all pretty good.

i’m sure Stoner loves his drive, he’s just trying to justify buying another drive (something i’m looking to try and do as well). :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ll never have any fun with gizmos if you try to justify every purchase. Think of it as a hobby, and a relatively cheap hobby at that. At least that’s what I tell myself every time I walk past the shelf full of unused drives. :o When I’m done playing with them I donate them to a local worthy institution. So, it’s charity work! :wink:

yep, i know what u mean about it being a hobby rd, altho i don’t know about relatively cheap. :bigsmile: i love tinkering with stuff.

When I’m done playing with them I donate them to a local worthy institution.

/me turns into a worthy institution.

Well, I do have fun w/ new gizmos I buy on maybe bi-monthly basis, but only for a short while. The excitement duration never lasts past 3 days. I think I get a raise in heartbeat giving the “old” component away than buying new ones.

What am I talking about here… Hmm… I pratically bought a new system the past month, might as well change the CDRW. looks for AMEX

Originally posted by Stoner

I think I get a raise in heartbeat giving the “old” component away than buying new ones.

I can give you an additional kick by willingly accepting your generous gifts

lol, u’re too kind BoSkin.

Originally posted by AZImmortal

lol, u’re too kind BoSkin.
Yeah, i knew u 2 knew that, RTFL

Wait, I thought newegg was selling the 7K. Man, I misread everything. Oh well, $41 + $5 is still a good price.

Say RDG, did newegg charge $43 + $5 shipping when you orderedd last night?