5224A Asus

Not sure why it maters, (or what it means) (be nice if some one could explian) but this sheep thing.

worked out the more sheep the better

so how many sheep does the Asus 52 24 A external usb2 have or use .

I want a external for convenince because i have 4 putors in total and someone recomended the Asus as a good burner for game back up.

i have an NEC dvd/cd burner but am told its a 0 sheep burner and it gives its fair share of coasters on games.

Brill on DVD`s though

Regards

Mr R

How to explain “2 Sheep”.

Basically is is the ability of the drive to read and write the information from and to a CD.

If you want to get more technial then have a bit of a search through the forum.

To copy most protections these days a “2 Sheep” is requied. Sometimes not even this is enough and for a certain protection a Plextor Premium is the only answer.

Originally posted by Womble
[B]How to explain “2 Sheep”.

Basically is is the ability of the drive to read and write the information from and to a CD.

If you want to get more technial then have a bit of a search through the forum.

To copy most protections these days a “2 Sheep” is requied. Sometimes not even this is enough and for a certain protection a Plextor Premium is the only answer. [/B]

Yep and that protection is SecuROM new.

ism the asus

Mr R

The Internal one is a “2 Sheep” drive. I can’t seem to find any info on the External one though.

I am just wondering if the drive (internal and external) are the same. Just one is in a box outside the case.

Sorry.

how many sheep do ythey go up to, and if i ask the question about this drive to the manufacturer would they know what i mean regards

Mr R

“2 Sheep” are the highest known drives. “3 Sheep” are called the “Holy Grail” of drives. Not one has been found yet though.

I doubt the manufacturer will know the sheep rating of the drive, but you could ask.

W