52246Sx liteon-diablo2-what am i doing wrong i've read the stickeys

I had the liteon 24102b and no luck on that one as well. This is not the hardest one i dont think. I am playing it with hide cd media no my laptop and on the home pc it is run with my 16x Pioneer slot load 106s drive.

Please tell me exactly what settings should be done. I just did a fresh install of windows along with a fresh install of clone cd. I just tried burning with the profile safedisc 2 no AWS and then burning with that same profile and unchcked aws as well. all the data is there. the game will auto start then tell me to put in the game cd :frowning:

ok testing securerom right now. I’m trying the regular one first. then I’ll try the lite on secure rom. I’m willing to try anything now. I was told before it was safedisc but im desperate I dont care I’ll try it i have 100 cdr’s right here.

Definitely an older securom, whoever told you safedisc is an idiot.

Same with the Lord of Destruction expansion.

If you’re sticking with CloneCD, just use the Game CD profile

normal securerom setting for reading and writeing did not work. now attempting the liteon setting profiles

regular game profile did not work either. the cdrw drive is set to secondary master.

tried in home pc both drives and in laptop with hide cd media on.

I can’t understand why you can’t do this.

If you have Daemon Tools installed, mount the image and run it without emulation - right-click and untick the protections and the tray icon will turn red. If the game does not run then you have not read data subchannels.

If you play from the burner then you must check Hide CD-R Media in the CloneCD tray icon, the icon turns a rusty colour.

If your International settings/locale is the US then the Protected CD profile, AWS and Hide CD-R Media are not available to you. Try Canada.

The only trick with reading is enabling a subchannel read - data and not audio.

The only trick in writing is to use good media.

The only trick in playing is the use of Hide CD-R Media if required.

The only trick with reading is enabling a subchannel read - data and not audio.

The only trick in writing is to use good media.

The only trick in playing is the use of Hide CD-R Media if required.

ok I have clone cd open right now. and it shows my dvd drive and my cdrw drive. do i right click the cdrw drive and leave clicked allow readings of subchannel data from data tracks. and unclick the check mark for allow reading of subchannel data from audio tracks.

what should i do with allow reading of cd-text from audio cds?

Read Window:
right-click the Burner and the DVD, tick everything in properties.
Profiles: leave the default profiles as is

Right click a blank area in the profile window and create a new profile: name it SecuROM new (as opposed to SecuROM 4.8x)

look around and enable Max Speed; DAO RAW; data subs

Write Window
right click the burner, choose properties, look around, choose “Ignore” (although this has no effect on SecuROM).
Find your new SecuROM profile, right-click and choose edit; disable everything, except buffer underrun technology, yep that’s right, even Close last session because the original is closed anyway.

Have a look through this thread

dao raw where is that option? I have version 4.0.1.10

i also see no options for ignore anywhere?

ok when i opened it up i have check marks in front of all 3 items for the reater settings. fast error skip is read = 0 and error correction is set to hardware.

useing standard secure rom profile for reading… waiting …

writeing. i have amplify weak sectors turned off in the cdrw and the secure rom profile. (writeing with standard secure rom profile)

again… waiting.

testing

ok it just worked on my laptop but will not work on my home pc in my Pioneer DVD drive 106s slot load 16x drive.

what does secure rom do? btw this is the first one that worked in my laptop

Try enabling hide cdr media on your home pc. It may be that you have one of the (very) rare dvd roms that can read an atip.

Have you tried a better reader for subchannel data, such as a Toshiba drive, for reading your image?

@alexnoe I think this could be so. My 24102B can’t read NWN reliably.

@CyByte what is the FW revision of your buner? (CloneCD tells you this when you choose - click on - a reader a writer).

Originally posted by CyByte
what does secure rom do? btw this is the first one that worked in my laptop

I believe this can help you

SecuROM NOT SECURE ROM

• How it works:
    It is the combination of an electronic fingerprint applied to each disc and a sophisticated encryption technology for authentication differentiating a legitimate CD-ROM from a pirated disc. Unlike SafeDisc protection , the SecuROM protection does not rely on the deliberate introduction of unreadable errors onto the disc; consequently: any CD-Reader supporting RAW reading (and ability to read SubChannel) can do the job in a fast way.

• How to recognize it:
    Most of the time, theses following files can be found on that type of CD : CMS16.DLL, CMS_95.DLL or CMS_NT.DLL ; but you may find CD protected with SecuROM that don’t contain theses files.

So, another way to reckon it is to look at the barcode of CD , you will be able to distinguish a little “logo” with name “DADC” on it , (it only applies with Data CD since AudioCDs pressed by Sony also include this logo) (e.g “Hachette 2000 Encyclopedie” is a French SecuROM protected CD that only contains “DADC” logo).

Update: Recently Sony updated the SecuROM protection in order to make it much more difficult to duplicate. There’s a new version of Securom (used in e.g. V-Rally 2, Diablo II, Ground Control, Music 2000, Soulbringer). There are NO cms*.* files anymore and on some CDs there isn’t even the DADC-logo. This time the protection checks for CDR media and when finds it crashes the application. CloneCD latest builds can duplicate the new SecuROM but you need to install the backup only from CD-ROMs!

The new Securom files are

SINTF32.DLL
SINTF16.DLL
SINTFNT.DLL
They are copied to Windows system directory during installation!

and here is another piece of infor by Gamefreak that can help you

What is ATIP and how does it work as copy protection ?
Posted by DoMiN8ToR on Sunday, October 21 2001

Question answered by G@M3FR3@K

Every CD-R has important info on the disc itself which is called ATIP (Absolute Time In Pre-groove) or pre-groove for short. Without this data/info the CD-R cannot be used by a writer. The ATIP contains the following info:

The capacity of the CD-R

The manufacturer of the CD-R

The type of the CD-R (eg. Audio only)

Supported writing speeds

Absolute lead-in time

Last possible address where data can be written

etc…
Only a CD-Writer and some DVD ROMs can read the ATIP information.

The ATIP protection is based on this fact: when the game starts it checks if there’s ATIP info present: if so then it will presume it’s a CD-R disc and will not play.

However a normal CD-ROM cannot read this ATIP and will of course ‘say’ that this data is not present: thus the copy will work…

Having said that there is now a newer version of the Secu - ROM version 4.X which currently is not copiable with the use of the Clone CD alone directly.

Originally posted by philamber
Try enabling hide cdr media on your home pc. It may be that you have one of the (very) rare dvd roms that can read an atip.
I dont think the Pioneer 106s can read ATIP info, but he has nothing to lose.

i will try hide cdr media on the pioneer drive and let you all know about this slot load drive i’ve god for dvds.

But it works in my laptop! thanks so much to EVERYONE who helped me. it took me forever to find out i could even click that picture of the drive