52246S New Firmware Released

Looking for anyone that has tested the new firmware released today Lite-On.

http://www.liteonit.com.tw/webfw/LTR-52246S/R526S0D.zip

Having trouble reading both the Zwan CD and Bonus DVD in either Lite-On 52246S or 166S.

Anyone know a solution ???

Finally got an image with Blindwrite from 166S, burned it fine, and also mounted the image to rip to mp3 with Daemon Tools fine.

No luck with the DVD though - trying the Xbox …

Can’t help you there wildmage but thanks for the info. I’ve posted this news on our mainpage!

i just flashed to 6S0D and my drive hasn’t imploded, exploded, or done anything else ending with -ploded, so that’s a good sign.

i’ll try burning with it tomorrow and make sure the new firmware didn’t harm my precious. :bigsmile:

I’ll flash mine later on the day.

:cool:

i just burned an svcd with 6S0D, then flashed back to 6S0C and burned another one, and scanned them both with cd doctor. both were burned using fuji 24x burned at 40x, and scanned at max speed. the results are very similar.

LTR-48246S SS0C
LTR-40125S 6S0D

Firmwareportal

Infos Tools und Firmware für LiteOn Laufwerke

what does the yellow/orange light means when burning?

tekwiz99
Orange light ( when green and red LED lit together ) indicate Buffer Underrun protection function enabled.
http://www.liteonit.com/english/english-s-faq-cdrw.htm#cd-rw-31

Orange light ( when green and red LED lit together ) indicate Buffer Underrun protection function enabled.

not always, it can also mean SmartBurn has intervened to slow the burn speed due to burning the media too fast.

just burned an svcd with 6S0D, then flashed back to 6S0C and burned another one, and scanned them both

When comparing F/W, be sure to read the media that was burned with F/X “a” with F/W “a”, and read the media burned with F/X “b” with F/W “b”. Otherwise you’re not doing a fair comparison. OR, read them both in a separate drive.

Sweet. I wonder if Digi uploaded 6S0D BIN yet. Will flash once I get the BIN version.

Orange kicks in during the last few secs of a burn on my 52x, and ends the session at 40x.

When comparing F/W, be sure to read the media that was burned with F/X “a” with F/W “a”, and read the media burned with F/X “b” with F/W “b”.

that’s exactly what i did. :wink: i guess the way i said it implies that i scanned them both after flashing back to 6S0C. the 6S0D burn was scanned using 6S0D firmware.

i’m assuming that by “F/X” u meant “F/W” as well, rite? i have to ask cuz u said it twice, heh.

@Stoner: have u tried using litefirm to extract the bin?

F/W, F/W, F/W, F/X, F/W…:o

No, haven’t extracted the BIN yet. I’ll leave it to the professionals.:bigsmile:

i get that orange light alot after 1/3 of begun burning. and it never happened with 6s0c. what’s up with that? should i get it back to 6s0c?

Lite-On 52246S Firmware 6S0D

what’s up with these?

rollback to 6s0c… (thanks to dhc014 for the bin link)

forgot to mention: this secondary ATAPI channel has tied up with slower CD-ROM running at Multi-Word DMA Mode1; where this drive is at Ultra DMA Mode 2

Dude, what the hell happened to your Lite-On? I hope 6S0D didn’t fudge it up.

What media are you using?

I have some Verbatim UltraSpeed 24X cd-rw’s. I have 2 Liteon 52x drives. One at 6S0C and the other at 6S0D. Actually I had an ASUS 5224 and the Liteons do a FULL erase in 5 minutes. The ASUS did it in just under 4 minutes. Anyone have same media? What do you get on FULL erase?

The Liteons still burn without errors, however, and I got rid of the ASUS due to yellow errors in a scan. Liteon scans same cd’s without error.

Still, not sure if 6S0D fixed anything. Also, have some HiVal media that shows as 52x in one Liteon (6S0D) and 40X in the other (6S0C). May flash that to see if it helps.

Actually, the slower one is in a P4 2GHZ and the fast one is in a PIII-500! Both run XP.

i’m thinking of the fault is to blame on my slower CD-ROM which uses “Multi-Word DMA Mode 1” on ‘slave’ of same channel; and lags the performance of this LiteOn.