52" lcd tv (Samsung LN52A550)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung LN52A550. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi, would anybody know the best picture calibration for this set , i checked out some recommended settings but seems the picture has a green tint or red…thanks

Bring it back. If you cannot adjust it through the user interface it needs professional adjustment. It may have a problem that is throwing the whole unit off it’s color balance. If it is still under warranty return it and bitch like hell. These companies are often arrogant and “do not see” the problems you see. I have had problems with Same sung in the past. Be persistent. Make sure that the “color temperature” is checked and adjusted before you return it as some satellite/cable companies run cool=bluish, or warm=greenish (or red) tints and this could be the problem.

Each TV is different, so there isn’t a “standard” setting that will work for all of them. Also, check with various sources. It could be the source device, cable, or just that input that needs calibration.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2173726]Bring it back. If you cannot adjust it through the user interface it needs professional adjustment. It may have a problem that is throwing the whole unit off it’s color balance. If it is still under warranty return it and bitch like hell. These companies are often arrogant and “do not see” the problems you see. I have had problems with Same sung in the past. Be persistent. Make sure that the “color temperature” is checked and adjusted before you return it as some satellite/cable companies run cool=bluish, or warm=greenish (or red) tints and this could be the problem.[/QUOTE]
A quote from Consumer Reports on their top rated Samsung LCD.

Lows:
Color accuracy was difficult to optimize, requiring us to fine-tune the individual colors in color-adjustment submenus.