5115GHC+ Firmware 030 sync problem

Used to have the 019 firmware in my player and sound was always in synch on DivX files but picture was a little jerky.
As new firmware was released a week ago I thought I would try it. Picture is now silky smooth but the sound slowly goes out of sync baddly over a couple of mins and then cuts out for a second or 2 and comes back in synch. It’s unwatchable :sad:
Does anyone know if I can reflash to the older 019 firmware and if so does anyone know where I can get LNMPE019.ZIP from as liteon site no longer has it :frowning:

Any help would be really appreciated as this is really getting to me.

Thanks.

I don’t think you can revert to a previous version, at least I haven’t been able to. The last but one version (018) is available here for you to try:

http://www.pumapeople.com/liteon/

Please report back if you are successful. For what it’s worth I have similar problems with divx NTSC movies (23.976 fps) but PAL (25fps) play perfectly.

You can find the older firmware here:
http://r00.liteonit.com.tw/DC/english/download.htm

Cool the proper UK version. Will give it a go when I get some time in the next few days. Cheers.

I have exactly the same problem. Had the odd film that was slightly out of sync, so decided to update firmware. Now most xvid stuff is unwatchable as the audio seems to run at a different speed to the film and ends up a few seconds out, after 10 secs or so. If you rewind a couple of seconds it puts it back in sync but only for a few seconds. Thanks for the links. Originally i had 018, so i’ll try 019 and see what that is like

I have tried the 019 firmware from the posted link, and the player let me switch to an older firmware no problems. Seems to have fixed the odd audio issue i had with the 018 firmware, and none of the problems the new firmware has. Video is slightly jerky again (not really jerky, seems to surge slightly every few seconds), but at least i can live with that, the audio issue made stuff unwatchable.
Thanks for the info.

Wow! I’ve got exactly the same problem too. Glad it’s not just me!

The 030 gave a second audio lag while my original firmware (no idea) gave a choppy picture. I’ll take the choppy picture over audio lag any day of the week so I’m going to try the 019 version tomorrow.

Does anybody know if there was a version inbetween 019 and 030 that may have the best of both worlds?

Anyway, thanks for the advice and links!

John…

Having spent ages looking on the net i’m almost positive there isn’t one between 19 and 30. 19 was released in february, which is what a couple of slightly outdated sites (updated at the end of july) are still listing. I was hoping there was one in between that might fix the picture, but it’s not a major issue i don’t notice it most of the time.

Castleking it lists the firmware version on the back of the dvd player (last 3 digits in one of the codes, towards the bottom of the unit i think). Hopefully they will realise the firmware has issues and will release another update in the near future that fixes both problems!

Thanks. I’ve just checked and the original firmware is 018.

I’ve installed 019 and although the judder is back the audio is sincing properly. I did notice that the DivX files I were playing are 23 frames per second (I right clicked/properties on Explorer). It could be possible that 030 handles 23fps the way it should but then has trouble getting the audio to match - which is a shame.

Like you say, this should be fixable with a firmware update, one day. Shame there’s nothing in between, but thanks for letting me know.

John…