5045 screen saver problem

Hi,
I have a lvw-5045 and the thing does mostly what it should.
my only real gripe is the blasted screen saver that repeatedly pops up while I am trying to watch tv. :a
I could turn the 5045 off, but then if I want to ‘time shift’ tv I have to wait a minute for the machine to boot…

I can not find a single useful thing on any of the myriad of confusing liteon sites, I did find one with an faq and a firmware download link, but I browsed away and now I can not find it again… :doh:

do liteon have the worst web presence ever ?!? :confused:

sorry for the rambling, but basically:
does anyone know how to stop the screen saver.
and
can any one tell me how to find out the revision of firmware I have and where I may check for updated firmware files.

5045 screen saver problem
Hi,
I have a lvw-5045 and the thing does mostly what it should.
my only real gripe is the blasted screen saver that repeatedly pops up while I am trying to watch tv.
I could turn the 5045 off, but then if I want to ‘time shift’ tv I have to wait a minute for the machine to boot…

I can not find a single useful thing on any of the myriad of confusing liteon sites, I did find one with an faq and a firmware download link, but I browsed away and now I can not find it again…

do liteon have the worst web presence ever ?!?

sorry for the rambling, but basically:
does anyone know how to stop the screen saver.
and
can any one tell me how to find out the revision of firmware I have and where I may check for updated firmware files.

Interesting - I am running my DISH through the S-Video jack and if a signal is coming from the DISH, I never get the screen saver. If I turn the DISH off, I get the screen saver after a few minutes. Make sure that your signal is running through your Liteon and then to the TV instead of vise versa. If you are already, I can’t think of anything else that would be causing that. Might be a bad unit.

thanks for the input.

i am running the liteon between the satelite receiver and the TV via scart.
i do have co-ax ‘in’ and ‘out’ in use, i may unplug those and see if it changes the symptom.

Did you manage to find a solution to the flipping screensaver coming on? Mines beginning to do it more and more. It’s not ideal but I can keep it at bay for a while by pulling out the mains lead and letting it run up and do the self checks. This is quicker than turning it off normally as once the screensaver has started, if I turn it off by the remote or front panel, it takes about 3 minutes to go off.

i never did sort it :frowning:

i threw the damn thing out and got a HD-A740GX