5025 hacked firmware please

Hi
Im most interested to try the hacked formware for my 5025 and would pleased if anyone could let me into where Ican get it.
Thanks
number7

If it’s the 5025GHC try the link on this site.

http://www.ss3f.com/ilo/index.htm

To make your Liteon 5025 recorder region free:-
1, go in to setup
2, move cursor to exit icon
3, while cursor is on exit enter 2, 9, 6, 0, with the remote
4, on the new pop up menu select region free and your done.
Enjoy !

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=5025&hits=50&Search=Search

look here http://www.pumapeople.com/liteon/

Cheers m8s
The idea is to record from dvd to hdd without getting an error message
Thanks

why not rip the DVD using your computer first then DVD to HDD?

Yes I can do that and do but it would seem much better to find a way round the well almost cheeky message saying I cant do that.
I didnt want to watch the dvd then and wanted to watch it at my own time not to waste another dvd. Earths resorces you know.
BTW do you know if any other of the liteon recorders use the same tv tuner as mine is fd. Scart working well.
Thanks CCromeo

I think all the 50xx series use the same tuner. I use a replayTV 5000 with my DVD Recorders and don’t have any problems; yet the use the replayTV just to store programs till I copy them to DVD.

Hello
Ive upgraded to firmware LNJME018.DA8 on my 5025, it says its hacked but I still get message saying not available if I try to copy a dvd to the hdd. Is the right firmware or do I need another.
Thanks
number7

[QUOTE=number7;1955705]Hello
Ive upgraded to firmware LNJME018.DA8 on my 5025, it says its hacked but I still get message saying not available if I try to copy a dvd to the hdd. Is the right firmware or do I need another.
Thanks
number7[/QUOTE]

Regioning has nothing to do with copy protection!

Remember that you cannot copy from the drive the HDD, it must be fed from a player to the recorder through the A/V lines.

Why not m8. I am offered the facility= copy from dvd to hdd.

[QUOTE=number7;1955890]Why not m8. I am offered the facility= copy from dvd to hdd.[/QUOTE]

Which means ONLY unprotected sources/DVDs.

Yes but its only a small software change needed.

[QUOTE=number7;1955947]Yes but its only a small software change needed.[/QUOTE]

If you are so certain about it, then just do it.
If it were that easy, it already had been done.

The facility to copy from dvd to hdd is for home-made dvds and not for commercially pressed/copy-protected dvds. The hack only works one way with copy-protected dvds and that is it will only allow you to record copy-protected dvds in real time from the A/V lines, without the hack you cannot record these dvds or commercial VHS tapes for that matter. Once you recorded copy-protected material with the hack then you’ll be able to upload at will.

At least these are models (the older Liteon and Liteon clones) with which one can do this, no other recorders on the market can accomplish this without adding a stripper in between the A/V lines.

Let us know if you find a way to do this just by uploading copy-protected dvds, from what I remember from the efforts of 2005 when the ILO/Liteon hack came out, no one was able to crack the uploading issue.

Taking it too seriously Chef

CrazyCanuck

Im not quite sure why I need the hack. If I play a copy protected dvd on the liteon can I not record it on anything I want through the scart connection
On the pc, nero says copy protected but clones it anyway.
thanks

If you mean sending the Liteon output to another recorder, that would only work if the Liteon has the hacked firmware installed.

A not so well-known fact, the hack works both ways, on the way in and also on the way out. I actually use a hacked ILO r04 as a player and send the Component-out to a Philips HDRW 720 which has Component-in lines, it’s still only 480i but I do get very good results this way.

If you try with a Liteon that’s not hacked, the other recorder will stop and you would get the “can’t record copy-protected” message.

Thanks CrazyCanuck
That explains it nicely, Ill keep the hacked firmware on and do as you suggest. Its a bit of a shame though as the digital signal has to go through two a/d d/a converters
All the best