5005 timer fails!

I just got the lite-on 5005. I quickly upgraded the firmware to the latest and did the 3 hr/MV hack. Works great on the fly but I’ve tried to record a program on the timer (approx. 1 hr. on 2 hr. mode) and missed it 3 days straight. The first day, it recorded 3 minutes and then quit. I was actually around today when it started up and it hung on chapter 01 at 45 seconds! I’ve tried the stock DVD-RW it came with and a few Imation DVD-RW’s as well. Same problem on all discs. What’s going on here? SHould I try a different brand of disc? What’s everyone using for this recorder? I’ve seen the compatibililty list but Imation is on there! If anyone has any suggestions, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks for all the info!
Andy

I’ve noticed no one replied with an answer but maybe that’s because I had a rare case. Anyway, I thought I’d tell those who may have had the same problem, it was the media I was using. I got some TDK DVD+RW and it works like a charm. No more discs loading forever, timer failing or chapters freezing. I’m glad it works now because I’ve heard so much good on this forum. Happy New Year,
Andy